Lewis Hamilton Simulator quote

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ElNino, Jun 20, 2016.

1. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Interesting words from Lewis Hamilton...

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/06/lewis-hamilton-slams-f1-simulators-says.html

I think this says alot about the attitude that a simulator is more accurate just because it's hard to drive without spinning all over.

With the playstation comment, I imagine he probably means "I can learn the track just the same"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    See i dont really care about his opinion. svg and a lot of the v8sc boys spends a lot of time driving iracing and not always even in a v8sc. A v8sc is much more a challenge than a modern f1 car so i value thier opinions a lot more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I look forward to seeing some of these V8SC drivers in F1 soon. They will find it easy.

:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It's his view on it. Many other F1 drivers use them.

It depends on what kind of a driver it is. Hamilton, Alonso give off that aura of "natural" talent - give them anything with wheels and they'll make it go ridiculously fast: Vettel, on the other hand is the guy that goes the extra mile, whether it is doing simulation laps, talking with engineers for hours etc.

All of them are multiple champs so obviously they make it work, though not always. Hamilton, for example, dominated the timesheets in practice but just couldn't seem to get in a rhythm in qualifying - that's what I mean by driving off feel; sort of less calculations and more "communication" with the car itself.

• Like Like x 1