Limited setup options...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SwaggerJacker, Dec 26, 2019.

1. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,
    I was wondering if the limited setup options are a product of my ineptitude, or am I correct in that setups are very limited. For example; In single player, I cant choose a soft tire at let's say, Monza. Hard is the only option. Can't set wings either. Two very important tweaks for low lap times. I remember the old menu was extremely flexible. It appears to me the setup feature has been dumbed way down. Please advise. Thanks.

2. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    if it's not possible for this car or class in the real world it won't be possible in Raceroom either. Some other sims let you mess around with settings that wouldn't be possible in the real world. So I like Racerooms approach to it... stick to reality.

• Like Like x 1
  3. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    So, you're saying GT3 cars in the real world at Monza only run hard tires? Don't change wing settings? The list could go on.

4. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    No i didn't say that. First, you didn't mention the car you were using, there are a lot cars that don't have the option to change wings. And second, yes.,. GT3 cars usually only use one tire compound depending on the series. no need to disagree.
    What's your realism setting in the options? Make sure to put it on "get real".

• Like Like x 1
  5. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Actually. I removed the rating before you posted. Looks like get real is only chosen for Competitions (Leaderboads).
    I don't mean to ruffle feathers, was just wondering why setups are so limiting. They really don't mimic real world. My opinion anyway. My query has nothing to do with a series, ( I should have mentioned that) just trying to practice, do some hot lapping. Getting reacquainted with the game.

6. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I don't know why the GT3 car you were driving doesn't have the option to adjust the rear wing. Maybe a bug? (or does it work now with the get real setting?)
    As I said, if a setting is not available or prohibited in the real car then it won't be adjustable in raceroom. Simple like that. And this mimics real world. For example gear ratios are locked in real world GT3 cars, and so you cannot fiddle with the gearbox in racerooms GT3 cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can only adjust the rear wing in the GT3 cars, not the front "wing".

• Like Like x 1
  8. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I see now. I stand corrected. It does reflect real world car setups and rules. I guess it was hard for me to accept after changing so many things in other games, like you mentioned. I took a look at the Formula X:17, and sure enough, there are a bevy of tuning options. Thanks for getting through my thick skull.

9. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Again, I was mistaken as these adjustments can be made in other games. I now know I was way off.