News Live Interview with J-F Chardon on This Week Inside Sim Racing

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Darin Gangi, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Project CARS is quite playable on gamepad, you need to go into gamepad setting and change it to Mode 2. The default Mode 3 makes the cars understeers too much. It is terrible and SMS is quite terrible in setting up default setting.

I really hope R3E has better gamepad controls, like a global steering lock setting for wheel rotation as the default steering rotation is really really low where even wide hairpins on Hockenheim is hard to turn. Hairpins on Macau is literally impossible without tweaking the setting. It was fine before with wider default steering angle until patches on second half last year started to reduce it.

I know I can always go to setup to change the setting but it would be more convenient to have a global setting that users can pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Is there any chance of a "Driving School", like in GTR2? No modern sims seem to have this, so it could potentially be a unique selling point, though I realise the chances of this being implemented are probably fairly slim...

• Like Like x 3
  3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    If you want to improve in a car or on a certain track use the leaderboard and progressively chase quicker opponents, no better way of getting quicker imho, just be warned can become addictive! ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but unlike many here I'm a complete newbie to racing sims and don't really know where to start with technique...

5. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  7. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    1. Is it possible to implement AI defensive driving with the current tech?
    2. Will there be more physics reworks on the older content and if so how far up (or down) is it on the priority list?

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    My questions are AI related...

Any plans to give the AI more character i.e. more mistakes, spins, mechanical failures, retirements etc..? At the moment every race with the AI kind of feels the same.

Also: is the issue of the AI being able to brake more effectively than the human player being looked into?

Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Stipe Ljubic

Stipe Ljubic Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    My questions are:

-Do you have any plans for Formula RaceRoom 1? If so is is it going to be v6 Turbo, v8, v10 or something completely diffrent?
    -Will we ever see customizable in-game HUD?
    -Any plans for visualy dynamic tracks? e.g. marbles etc.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SargeFIN

SargeFIN New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My question is more about usability and comfort. One thing in particular is a bit annoying. I love to drive cars which have H-shifter functionality like NSU TT for example. But if I decide to drive some car which have paddle shifters I have to go to controls menu and take H-shifter mode OFF and set my gear change to paddles and even change the clutch mode.

My question is: Are you gonna evolve control settings towards something like in iRacing where you calibrate both shifting methods and depending on the car you choose to drive the game knows which shifting method to choose and informs you if you have to use H-shifter or paddles?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Any chance Oculus Rift support , knowing that abandoned support for DX9 ?

12. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    One question: When will we be able to adjust tyre pressures and monitor the inner, outer and middle temps that influence grip/wear?

This is one of the most important factors in RL setup and would go a long way towards making RRE a great sim as well as a great racing game.

• Like Like x 3
  13. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    Only one serios question in my mind. What's on the new track list. I don't care when. I have plenty to play with for now. But what's in the future.
    And a side request. More American tracks please.
    Oh and one more thing. I would love a trans am and or an imsa experience.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  14. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    I have another question: Is that livestream available in germany too?

15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Why wouldn't it be?

16. russlar

russlar Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    because GEMA gets pretty funny about youtube

17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Please ask about the new game engine reportedly in the works.

Looking forward to hearing this.

19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Did you notice?
    New gt3-cars will be coming!:)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Good evening,

first it was nice to have an exclusive interview but at the end I must admit that I'm really disappointed about the structure and kind of questions. After months of waiting everybody wanted to know something new about the upcoming content and the more concrete things about the upcoming patch - things like triple screen support, console port, liveries and so on is all cheese nobody wanted to know for the moment.

We wanted to know something more about the cars (for example WTCC or GTR3 development in detail - BoP) in the upcoming patch, more said what we can expect. And some more news about the penalty system, if we can on our own establish the starting fuel or a better multiplayer chat with a vote system and so on. Many things people really wanted to know but todays questions were uninteresting in my own opinion.

Anyway, thanks for the interview but the key point is that todays broadcast hasn't helped on somebody. For sure some critical words, but at the end I think that not only me have this kind of impression. This is for sure only my personal point of view.

Greetings Jan

• Agree Agree x 1