News Live Interview with J-F Chardon on This Week Inside Sim Racing

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Darin Gangi, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, as I said about AI, once the foundation is rock solid things like that can be considered I guess.
    Lets see what will be announced today. :)

• Like Like x 3
  2. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  3. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    He said at some point that something will be announced today, didn't he?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Well I have to say it wasn't the most informative interview, but it does show the art of avoidance..unlike the interview with the iracing president who just said yes to everything.

For me I was waiting for the bit about the unreal engine, and was a a little disappointed with the answer, it was made to sound like it's not really that important right now, well for me it is, you need to upgrade to at least dx11 soon, then there's the lack of enthusiasm on dynamic weather and day/night transition, this is a must if RR is going to go places.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It should be pretty clear from this interview (and comments from beta testers long before this) that the agenda for R3E is set by Raceroom Entertainment based on the needs of their business. Seems to me as though R3E is a by-product of their 'simulator room' business and commercial ties with the WTCC, DTM etc...

We, the gamers, are essentially along for the ride. A pretty good ride though.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  6. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    frankly i don't see why people are getting so obsessed about the unreal teaser, its been explained what it was and makes sense. They need to build the structure of the sim then worry about pretty gfx after.. Id keep the current engine if that meant i could have all the features of race07/rf2/AMS ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Most ppl quickly fall for sugar coating (a principle often applied in politics) even if the cake is not that tasty...(see PC Cars for example) ;)

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    There will be update of AC next week
    If you are quicker to take action than others, you will gain an advantage over them;)
    Please update today or tomorrow:D

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Three cars plus one fictional track, meh.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Little question: Maybe I've got it wrong yesterday - but will there be another change/update in GTR3-Physics with the new update or was J-F's answer related to the last Update?

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    There have been further updates since the big GTR3/ADAC13/ADAC14 updates last autumn ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I would like some clarification of these please (if you have time guys ;))

- the new radicals and LMPs have been put into another class?
    - will these still be in a single series like currently as well?
    - do these two have new physics updates.
    - Does this include the Daytona to?

cheers

13. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    nice - that will be interessting to see/feel :)

@MsportDan: yepp, there is an announcement here in the Forum. We will see two Prototyp-Classes: P1 and P2.
    P1 = Existing Prototyps + Audi R18
    P2 = Radicals + Daytona
    Both classes will get the new Physics

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Radicals and Corvette DP are in a reorganized P2 class with a couple of the existing prototypes which have also been reclassified.

Of course. Both of the Radicals (AER and Judd) as well as the Corvette DP have new physics. And yes, they are quite a joy now honestly. And have been balanced against the other prototypes to be competitive with each other like they should be. For reference, the Radicals are actual LMP2 cars, so look up some real world times for the tracks we have in game, and set out to match those ;)

Honestly dont recall. I have only looked into testing those in their reorganized classes. Id have to go back and look this up, but it is past my bedtime :p

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    excellent answers thanks you guys. :)

also great two packs i purchased ages ago have been updated woohoo!!!

16. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Even though he stated its just being looked at...I got the impression from how he talked about their use of it with the models being in the engine that they have done a bit of work with that engine... possibly one can assume that they will probably be going that direction unless some road block is hit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    My overall impression of the interview was it was decent from the R3e fan perspective. I enjoyed listening to it. Even though JF is good at English you can tell its not his first language, so I wasn't sure if what he said was what was meant a few times. Seems a real nice guy.

It was a bit disheartening to here some of the responses to basic racing game features, such as yeah, we can look into that, possible in the future, it shouldn't be too hard etc... They should really be pressing RaceRoom Entertainment to get those into the game, but I am sure they are pretty much powerless or like most parent companies, there is a disconnect from what is wanted and what is needed etc...

I think it was good to hear, a few times, basically RaceRoom Entertainment dictates pretty much everything. It is up to them if any changes will be made to the bigger scheme of things etc... Of course it also limits what we gamers will get and makes sense for how some important game features for us users just haven't made it into the game. Also, due to the very small team and RRE priorities it makes sense as to the current state of the game. It's disappointing, but at least I can pull some sense from it. I understand from my work how that goes; We get told quite often to do things that is almost the complete opposite of what our customers want and need.

I also get the impression, and I could be way off the mark here, that this game may be around for a long while, which I think will be great. If in 2 years time they upgrade everything to the UE4 engine and all of my content is still there and can keep playing the game with the new engine and game features without having to re-buy old content, their pricing model would start to prove very effective. So I spend $200 on a game I use for 5 years.... I have no issue with that.

• Agree Agree x 8
  18. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    I would expect that the fictional DMP P21 and the Mistral M531 will go into P2 class. right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. goldtop

goldtop Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I believe devs have already stated this a few weeks ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    P1: Audi R18 / DMD P20 / Mistral M530
    P2: Chevrolet Daytona Prototype / DMD P21 / Mistral M531 / Radical SR9 Judd / Radical SR9 AER

Confirmed on Facebook 2 months ago

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2