News Live Interview with J-F Chardon on This Week Inside Sim Racing

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Darin Gangi, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    So as long as KW doesn't want to get rid of Sector3...They have access to real suspension data, very unique situation.

2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    I guess so, as long as the car have KW suspensions.

3. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    It's not about a specific car I think, but if they have data from tracks we use.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    J-F said that they had some tracks that have been on ice for a while that they would like to take up again.
    Probably tracks outside the different licensed series that they are obliged to do, so I would guess they already do this simultaneously.
    But because many new series and a really big track have been worked on lately (the Nords, TT- Cup etc) and have taken more time, not much room have been left for other "R3E" stuff.
    And we do get some other stuff made that are outside already, like GTO Classics to name one.

But I like your thought, and maybe there could be a way to speed up those independent features and releases. :)

5. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    As J-F mentioned, they will be testing multiplayer races against ai on their own servers.
    Please, s3, keep on and include it soon! Racing online on a dedicated server with only 4-5 cars is really boring...

• Like Like x 1
  6. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    don't think that is something to worry about at all. These companies are typically really professional in their relationship handling. The whole "racing circus" is probably happy to improve the situation for all of them, and getting people excited about motor sport or cars is a common goal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Indeed.
    The question was "can S3 buy out of the relationship with RR/KW" but as they are bascially under the same hood, same management, the only way for them to part ways I see is if KW would want to get rid of S3, which I doubt they would.

8. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I doubt also Christian.
    Also because Raceroom is owned by KW, S3 should come with a new game and licenses.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yep, wouldn't make much sense really, also for KW/RR. They'd need somebody else to program the software for their simulators/venues, and that someone would either have to build a completely new software or work with what S3 have created, which I don't think any developer is ever in favour of, to work on/with somebody elses code.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Peter Koch

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    Don't know why this discussion, but we've come a long way from arcade racer and moving on to a real sim.
    The future looks bright for us, Sector 3, Raceroom Entertainment and KW.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    Yeah that's what i hope, R3E will be the king of sims. Sooner or later :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    It was inspired by J-F mentioning certain obligations and ties in the interview I think.
    And I can somehow understand the feelings people have about those statements BUT as pointed out before, what J-F described is nothing unusual for (smaller) developers/companies.
    It's just that most of the time those other companies are afraid to talk openly about those relationships and the effects those might have on certain aspects of the production process, mainly because they fear reactions like those above.

That's what I liked most about the interview, J-F was plain honest about how things work here, what's possible and what isn't. From my pov that was a very bold move cause not many companies would do that, but I think it was the right move. It's what we can find time and again, people respect and value honesty.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  13. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Probably my bad, as my "buy independence" was not meant for the studio as such, really just collecting money from community to boost interest in certain features/tasks.
    Never meant as cutting those ties.

14. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    I am something similar will happen when there are enough programmers.

15. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I don't think the relationship should be seen as problematic at all, rather 2 companies working together for the greater good.
    Ok in an ideal world we would all like this, that and tother yesterday but the evolutionary route taken til now has been very successful, 3 years ago we'd invested in a bag'o's**t today we are blasting around in cars with superb physics (I know not all, YET) on glorious tracks with yet more updates and content to come, just imagine where we could be another 3 years! The future looks very bright, I can see only more and more manufacturers and track owners wanting their assets portrayed by S3, slowly, slowly catchee worm! ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +455 / 0 / -0
    P1: Audi R18 / DMD P20 / Mistral M530
    P2: Chevrolet Daytona Prototype / DMD P21 / Mistral M531 / Radical SR9 Judd / Radical SR9 AER

I guess this mean we will be driving the prototyps on other tracks than Raceways and Portimao :) More servers.

17. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    so whats to say we can have the gt3 gt2 cars in a race with the new p classes? have like an endurance event?