Problem Locked in neutral in pitstop

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Stelcio, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    So I've entered a long ranked race today for the first time. Good news - it's super fun, I've enjoyed every second of it, much less hectic and more restrained driving than in 15min races. I heavily consider a permanent switch to those.

Bad news, it ended for me prematurely, as my car got locked in neutral gear during the pitstop. It actually switched to neutral before I got to the box, coasted towards there and stayed so after I got released. I had the automatic pitstop enabled, so I couldn't do anything with it.

So I'd love to enter the race again tomorrow, but wish to know how to prevent the issue from manifesting itself again. Did anybody else encounter it? Was that something that I messed up or is that some kind of a bug?

The race was obviously the daily 60min GTR3 on Portimao. I drove the C7 Corvette.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you run out of fuel maybe?

3. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    No, I actually got through the entire pitstop procedure - tyre change, refueling - but got stuck on neutral gear and couldn't engage running gear. Well, actually I had no control over the car at all due to auto pitstop and it throttled like it wanted to leave the box but without any gear engaged.

4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Can you reproduce the problem in a singleplayer session? If yes, it would be interesting to see a video of it.

Apart from that, you could obviously disable the automatic pit stops, if you can deal with the additional complexity.

5. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    After studying the replay I've reproduced the issue. It manifests when you are mid gear change in the exact moment AI takes control. So if you are in the neutral gear mid shift when AI takes control, it stays in that neutral gear indefinitely.

Here are the videos. The first one is from the aforementioned race, the second one is reproduction of the bug from a while ago. I chose a GT3 car in second case, because I couldn't reproduce the bug on faster gearboxes, but it's an older one.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
  7. mclaren777

mclaren777 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    I had this happen to me recently at Watkins Glen. Thanks for troubleshooting the issue!

8. DrBoom

DrBoom Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It just happened to me in a GTR2 race at Watkins Glen. I was first on an early pitstop strategy and it happened. I refrained from punching my computer monitor as I was so incensed.