Locking out old GT3s

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eisprinzessin, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Feuer frei

• Like Like x 4
  2. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    The first picture shows the image when the old GT 3 was erased
    The second image is the image in the initial state

[​IMG] [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    So now I can do Pink Mustang Cup?

Yay

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can tell ... this is working !!! Very good !!!

Hope this will prevent just having one real opponent in offline championships.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Finally I can start my private "American GT3 Series" powered by Ford Mustang GT3, Ford GT GT3, Chevy Camaro GT3 and Chevy Corvette GT3. Thanks buddy! Gentlemen, start your engines! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    This is wonderful.

• Like Like x 1
  8. schielchen

schielchen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Would this work online as well, if all participiants used this tool?

9. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Online ? Can not see the sense...or are grids filled by the AI ? Don´t know this as I have just run one online race in my life so far (Macau and I WON !!! :)) where all had been humans.

By the way, schielchen are you the one from rennsimulanten ? I would like to run online regularly someday and have heard about diff severs regarding the skills. Maybe would we could have a word in our language these days.

Back to the tool. Its really cool. You can manage your grid even with the skins. As I had very often the black Vette in the grid I took her out :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Yep :) Einfach über den Link auf unsere Seite registrieren und links den TS-Kanal anklicken.

11. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I guess for online-races the safer way would be to set up a server with an individual selection cars.... In the dedi-tool you can select the cars that are allowed in that online-session.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. schielchen

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    That was a silly thought,
    sorry :oops:

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    what is this ?
    one oppenent ?
    how ?

14. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    What I tried to say is that running a Championship in GT3 you will recognize you just have one AI car fighting with you for the title.

When you are not the winner of a race it will almost be (95%) one and the same opponent, which forcesd you to win nearly 50% of all races to become the Champion. Thats not matching RL where you can win titles by not winning one single race but ending up top 5 always for ex.could do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Yes, because AI qualifying pace = AI race pace. There is little variation.

So invariably the car that qualifies on pole will win the race most of the time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Oh, I recognized something else. Mentioned it in another thread.

As for GT3 training speed is race speed. Quali speed is 2.5-3.0 sec faster. So I tested yesterday 10 tracks by AI skill of 103, 104 and 105 %. I know bit crazy but I am a data messi :D

I tested this with the following settings : Training 120 min, Quali 12 min and Race 30 min. (I did not drove them all to the end just one lap and ended the sessions after couple of minutes and yes I have spare time due to illness at the moment)

Lets have a look for my data at
    103 % Hockenheim National T best : 1.29.2 Q best : 1.26.511 R best : 1.29.121
    103 % Lausitzring Grand Prix T best : 1.27.7 Q best : 1.25.206 R best : 1.27.515

and so on...always bit faster with 104 and 105 %.

it seemed to be that the AI was running the T session and the R with 100 litres fuel (is there any info from S3 regarding the fuel load of the AI with diff race times / laps?)

BUT as I understand the AI programming of R3E the AI is alwas a bit "adaptive". So even you switch to the same AI skill in % you can get different times for different players. The AI is collecting data of all what you do on a course for finding the most average time you can drive and tries to adaopt a bit even you choose a skill level.

Back to the one opponent problem : Ok, clear to understand that mostly the ploe setter is catching the win regarding AI. But I do not like that it is always the same driver. With setting up 20 races in a CC you will see that besides of maybe you there is just one other driver in the AI grid wich will win races. So CC are becoming to a battle just between two drivers (you and one AI car) over the COMPLETE season. Thats not matching the RL. I am very dissapointed about this matter of fact.

Anf therefore we need an AI selector NOT car selector which is done for me with the tool as I mentioned before. With an AI selector I could make more than just one driver competitive for winning races.

Do you know rf2 ??? there you can setup your opponents even with the % of poss to crash how good they can start and so on. Unbelievable :confused:;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. TonyJ

TonyJ Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    ah ok.
    i only race one weekend.
    so this is not a major trouble for me.
    for championship racers i understand the problem

18. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Must be one of my off days but I cant work out how to get this to work, I followed the video up to creating a snapshot of game files but after that he mentions adding a mod for it to appear in the available mods window, what am I missing here?:confused:

19. Stef van Remy

Stef van Remy Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    No its not one of those days...;)...its not well explained.

I will explain tomorrow as I am out of order for today. Was on my way to cinema for STAR WARS (yes I am a REAL FAN !!!) as I was shot down by a transporter from behind entering a chicane ähm stopping for the car in front of me when the driver in my back had a look on his phone. By the way my car did win :D

But I am not feeling fine...

20. Neil Bateman

Neil Bateman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    I wish you a speedy recovery.:)

• Agree Agree x 3