Logitech Driving Force GT Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lambikstra, Jun 4, 2016.

1. lambikstra

lambikstra New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hello, I've encountered a problem with the wheel..sometimes it works great, somtimes my computer doesn't recognice the wheel and it does'nt turn round at startup..Anyone encountered the same problem? Or anyone has a solution how to fix this problem?..please o_O I've installed the latast software do, recommended by the game..:D

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    Same problem here, but no solution.

Wanted to get a new wheel anyway but would like to know how to solve the problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I encountered that before the latest Logitech Driver update very very rarely. Mostly after reboot (wheel plugged or unplugged ) it vanished.
    Do you run Win 8 or 10 ? (I'm still with Win 7/64 and it runs fine)
    Other then using a driver cleaner tool to erease alledged junk (& reinstalling logitech driver) that might cause trouble from previous installations I have no idea what the problem could be...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I have encountered a different big Problem with my DFGT during the TCOne races today.

During the race the middle point of the wheel kinda "slid" to the left during the race and at the end of the race I had to hold it about 45 degreed to the left to go straight. It centered properly again after recalibrating but in the third race the problem returned and I had to hold my wheel to the left a lot at the end of the race. Is there any way to fix this?

5. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I probably installed and re-installed that logitech profiler softer at least a hundred times. Of course, they never say that old files will still be on your computer after an "uninstall".

I now follow this method.........
    1) Uninstall the software
    2) Go through your C: drive and find any folders that are leftover after the uninstall process. (or wherever you initially installed the software)
    3) or use some type of uninstall software that finds every file, folder and icon (like Revo uninstaller).
    4) Use a registry cleaner to remove the registry entries created by the installation that uninstalling software won't remove.
    5) Do a clean re-install.

I really did like the steering feel of the DFGT. I especially liked the paddle shifter buttons (how quiet they are).
    But, I don't think the DFGT was really made to play games with as strong of force feedback that the sims of today produce.

I hate to say it, but my solution was to upgrade to the Thrustmaster.