Logitech G29 problem pls help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Marvin Kaja, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Marvin Kaja

Marvin Kaja New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hey my 1 week old logitech g29 has some issues. when i am driving it sometimes starts steering to the right or left without any impact from me. to drive straight i have to keep it in that weird angle. Someone knows what to do?

greetings Marvin

2. Marvin Kaja

Marvin Kaja New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    to get it back working i have to unplug it and plug it in the usb port again

3. Sdemonnz

Sdemonnz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Hey Marvin, I used to have a similar issue - I found if I went into the controller setup and "calibrated" the wheel by turning it its full axis it would come right.

I haven't had the issue for ages though...as a sector3 patch seemed to fix the issue....

Not sure If its any help but worth trying..
    Chris

4. FabioP

FabioP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Had the same issue and fixed it the same way: When going on my first lap after starting raceroom, I always turn the wheel completely to left and right.
    At least works for me.

5. Flinty!

Flinty! New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    this is a calibration issue from what i understand due to the Optical encoder. Mine does the same but the issue is exactly what happened to my g27 but not as bad as on that one the optical encoder just broke and the wheel was stuck full lock to the right. My guess is that it might be defective meaning the encoder could be not secured properly therefore creating the problem. Some people have had luck using superglue to permanently fasten it but that voids the warranty so its not recommended if its new. RMA would be the best option but its really up to you. GL!