Logitech G920

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Kawek, May 2, 2016.

1. Kawek

Kawek New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    HI all!
    I have a little problems with my g920.
    I dont know why but my wheel trying turn on right when i drive. i checked so many FFB settings from g27
    and noting is working. i tried set FFB effect like in iracing. Everything is working properly, wheel,pedals and shifter just that FFB with right turning .... ;(

2. Paradox Agi

Paradox Agi Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know this is a driver/firmware issue. As long as this is not solved, the wheel can't be supported properly by the game itself. There are some other threads here in the forums where you can find some statements from sector 3 staff regarding this problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
  4. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    My G920 is working fine with the new drivers.

5. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    So no problem with automatic turning to the right side in R3E as mentioned in the first post? All FFB working as expected? What settings are you using? I'm trying to decide between getting the G920 (which is available for a very good price currently) or the Thrustmaster TX Leather Edition package, but will only consider the G920 if it's fully working in R3E

6. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Everything seems fine, no pulling in either direction when it shouldn't be. This's my 1st wheel so I don't have anything to compere it to. I tried a lot of settings, mainly from this website trying old G25/27 settings but they didn't seem to have much feel and were juddery. I've settled on the settings below for now but as a novice I'm still tweaking. ffb intensity 100%, smoothing 60%, spring 100%, damper 50%, steering intensity 180%, min ffb 3%, slip 80%, vert 110%, lat 60%, steering rack 10%, understeer 70%, shift 10%. I'm sure these can be improved upon. it may feel heavy for you but I'm fairly large. make sure your Logitech gaming software is running and leave it on. in settings ensure the let applications adjust settings and spring boxes are both ticked. let me know how you get on.

7. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I had another reply from Hannes Wallsted of Sector 3 yesterday about support for the G920 wheel in R3E, after I asked them about this following the recent new Logitech firmware for the G920 he said:

"We've just tested this new firmware from Logitech and they're still missing support for some FFB effects.
    However, the wheel now at least functions properly and we will include a new default profile in the next patch.

The settings for these [missing] effects are already in the profile, it's just that the wheel won't fire those effects off.
    So if and when Logitech add support, the profile should be ready to go."

8. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    As I said, not having anything to compere to limits my analysis. Still the wheel is working, they haven't said which FFB effects are unsupported so my guess is it'll be the weaker (more show than go) effects. You as an experienced wheel user probably will notice they're missing, I don't.

9. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I did ask which FFB effects were still unsupported, but they haven't replied on that yet

10. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Actually, S3 have just got back to me:

"The things that are currently missing are Slip effects and Stationary Friction."

Slip effects are actually pretty important, I think

11. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    really? I found the slip effects 'rumble' a bit off putting to be honest (on my G29)

12. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info dude, I'm happy with the wheel, if you'd never let me know about the FFB shortcomings I wouldn't have questioned it.

13. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I thinks it's likely the firmware will be updated again to support the missing FFB effects, the question is when...

14. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Well I hear Logitech has a reputation for dragging their heels especially when it comes to firmware so I wont hold my breath for it. All this can only put you off the G920 I suppose. I bought it cos the Amazon deal currently running brought it into budget. The only complaint I have about the G920 is the brake pedal. Way too stiff, Logitech say this is to be more like a modern car, I say they've failed miserably. I'm six foot and 18 stone and I couldn't get the brake fully on even stamping on it. Thankfully the pistons are a decent quality and are adjustable.

15. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Hi @lennyallover - it looks like the Nixim brake mod may fix this for the G920 - seems to offer a better response curve:

[​IMG]

"With the introduction of the G29 and G920 pedal sets, Logitech utilised NIXIM’s rubber buffer innovation, at the same time small plastic mouldings were fitted to the inside of the spring chamber in order to protect the Logitech buffer (which is the same size as NIXIM’s buffer). It is these white plastic caps that cause the sudden change in direction of the G29 profile as seen on our graph – you feel it plainly as you press the stock brake pedal. Notice also the profile line goes almost vertically off the graph without getting anywhere near full pedal depression (actually restricting the last 9mm of pedal throw) (These white plastic caps must be removed when fitting the NIXIM brake mod).
    NIXIM also experimented with the same idea when developing our brake mod – and we had the same results. So we decided to further modify the buffer to give a smoother more progressive brake – as you can see from the graph comparison. Logitech also retained the original single stage spring of the G25/G27 for the G29 and G920 so the new Logitech setup is almost identical to NIXIM’s first G25/G27 pedal mod without the two stage spring of the second more popular brake mod."

They also offer modded springs for the clutch and throttle, though these sound less essential - however as you sound like quite a hefty chap, you might find the heavier throttle spring useful too, for finer control. Hope this helps!

BTW did you see that with yesterday's update there's now an official default profile for the G920 in R3E?:
    • Added a default profile for the Logitech G920. This requires G920 users to update the firmware and drivers from Logitech.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Try a thing called calibration, you can calibrate the pedal to match your own preferences.

17. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    Though a shorter pedal throw will give you less resolution. The Nixim mod should increase this a bit and provide a more progressive feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. lennyallover

lennyallover Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Tried that, no good. It's the physical pressing of the brake that's off. Metalogic's got it covered tho'. thanks bro

• Like Like x 1
  19. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    If you use the Nixim mod(s) do post here how you get on with these for the G920, as I'd be interested to know! I researched this as this "feature" was one of the things putting me off the G920, but it looks like this should be s solution and, for the G27 at least, seems to have been a popular Mod.

20. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW for those who own a G920 (or G29 for that matter), how are you finding it now in R3E with the latest firmware? Does the FFB work well now?

Also how noisy is the G920/G29?

Is it any quieter than the G27/G25?