Problem logitech g923 xbox version not working right

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by zed, Jan 21, 2021.

1. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hi
    first post, first experience with FFB wheel and sorry for long post:sweat:
    i buy a g923 xbox version.
    i install the G-hub software and then go to game to try to setup the wheel but there is a lots of different problem i have, and i have no idea is it normal or it's problem.
    1- when i go to control setting, the wheel detected and ask me to give a name for control profile
    [​IMG]
    but after that ask me what is this??? a wheel a gamepad or other device???? is it normal?o_O
    [​IMG]
    2- after naming profile, in edit assignment none of buttons set - is it normal and i should do all assignment?
    [​IMG]
    3- when i go in game to try to test FFB ( after doing assignment), the LED rpm on wheel start bugging and stuck on some color for some sec, work again for some sec then start cycle again.
    and for unknown reason, when i press xbox button when this cycle happen in game, it decrease the sound!:confused: - i didn't assign anything on this button.
    is it happen to anyone else?

4- i check the game folder in this address to find similer rcs:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet
    and find the "Logitech G923 Racing Wheel.rcs".
    [​IMG]
    - is this the profile for logitech g923 wheel?
    i try to put it on this folder:
    C:\Users\usename\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet
    [​IMG]
    but game can't see the profile.
    i open both the file in user data and this file in game data to find the difference and find this:
    [​IMG]
    on " Logitech G923 Racing Wheel.rcs" in game folder i couldn't find any device id for "G923 Racing Wheel for Xbox One and PC". it only have "G923 Racing Wheel for PlayStation 4 and PC".
    but the ".rcs" file on "user data", i have "G923 Racing Wheel for Xbox One and PC" and device id is different from ps4 ver on game file
    - the game only support g923 for ps4?

p s:
    sorry again for wall of text:sweat:

2. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    some update to number 3:
    there is something wrong with g hub software/driver i think.
    i try to figure out what cause this.
    before going in any game ( raceroom, Project CARS - Pagani Edition, etc) and also "steam big picture", the xbox button on wheel work fine but after pressing any of pedal the problem start happening.
    also when go back to desktop - when i press the xbox button the mouse go to right by itself! it's like weeeoo:D.
    this bug stay until i unplug and connect the wheel again.
    in steam i hear a noise of button pressing and also mouse don't work and blinking ( + pressing mouse button not possible) and until i press 50% of Throttle pedal it won't stop. after pressing, it back to normal beside Xbox button sill not working.
    after i press both 50% of clutch and throttle, it work again.
    i also test the wheel on laptop.
    before installing g-hub, the xbox button make the "Xbox Game Bar" come out and in "steam big picture" it wont make problem ( even when i press all the pedals)
    but after installing the g-hub software the problem come back.
    what a strange start i have:confused:

3. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    following with interest. my friend is also having issues with his 923 (ps4 ver)

4. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Logitech seems to have a strange approach to how the G923 and all the variants are named internally and thus how games see them. It appears that it even makes a difference if you are using G-Hub or the older Logitech gaming software. So two different wheels for different consoles and PC, and two different driver variants would require four profiles for that wheel...
    It's on the dev's list, so I hope there's a fix coming soon.

Oli

5. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    some update:
    the behave of problem depend of system hardware change but the start of this bug is same, pressing the pedals make the bug happen.
    2 system of mine, i report before
    3rd system only work one day -test by other not see how they test - and didn't work next day anymore and ghub not detecting wheel at all.
    4th system, bug happen with pedal and can hear a noise in big steam picture + the FFB gone completely when bug happen. disconnect and connect the wheel, and pressing the pedal make bug repeat again in this system!
    send for replacing and by seller recommend, i went to test the 2nd wheel and that wheel also have this bug with different behave.
    2nd g923 xbox ver.
    on 5th system , after pressing pedals, it look like dc itself and do the calibration of wheel by turning 2 sides. no noise this time on this system and Directional pad and buttons look like not working . they think their usb have problem.
    but i take my laptop - 2nd system- by chance and test again both on steam and raceroom.
    after pressing pedals bug happen again. still hear the noise in big steam picture and also the rpm led blink and do the auto calibration on 2nd wheels after some pressing pedals.
    mouse not work right in big steam picture and by pressing xbox button still decrease the windows sound and send mouse to right like a car passing at 300km/h.:D
    also in raceroom game bugs happen, buggy rpm + strange behave + and random recalibration of wheel after pressing pedals.
    hope his problem not as bad as mine and be solve easily

oh boy. they make a lots of headache for themselves.
    i see a lots of older Logitech device detection issue with g-hub.
    i was lucky mine work without much problem.
    have one 7.1 headset that detect right and one old joystick that didn't detect at all in g-hub but work without g-hub and can use all buttons.(good days of all easy driver worked without any middle software if we want).

Last edited: Mar 6, 2021
  6. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    small update:
    look like i will have long story with my support.
    some other guys tell me its work fine with forza and you can take it back:neutral:
    still need to go and show them what my problem again and force them to test in raceroom not forza:angry:
    sadly we have 2 week holiday and i should wait after that

i look around to see if i can find anything or no
    from race room forum:
    1#
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/logitech-g923-not-recognizing.16500
    same problem as this guys
    sadly can't test what this post tell at the moment because my wheel is in support office. after i go there i will check this
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/logitech-g923-not-recognizing.16500/#post-217775

2#
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-its-a-gamepad-not-a-wheel.16480/#post-218227

i check it before but didn't bother to report it because of my main problem.
    it only work on GHUB
    the in game Steering angle didn't work with my wheel. i can only set in g-hub.
    also when i test it, it should be set before starting the game, if i change it after game start it was hit and miss for working.

3#

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/ffb-not-working-right.16462/#post-217448

see the similar one - will check the 2nd post when i go for testing

in youtube but before anything.
    i'm novice to racing wheel. give novice view feedback.
    update: "youtube jump to time" didn't work in forum i set time to watch for saving time

1#

jump to 7:23
    one of problem i think i had when using g923, i had too much information from wheel with default FFB setting when i setup the wheel manually.
    hope doing the profile trick in other topic give better result + i'm open if anyone give me a better profile for testing.:nomouth:

2#

jump at 7:55
    because of my LED problem, donno it's G923 problem by itself also or no.

3#

jump to 8:16
    he tested in raceroom yay. and his LED rpm not working at all. worse than my condition.:worried:
    also he face same problem as me in behave of ffb and adding wheel.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  7. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    new report:
    still have forward/backward story with support - barrow the wheel for testing and make video.

some new information:
    - the wheel still have xbox button bug that start by pressing pedals - will upload video.:(
    - g-hub have Steering angle limitation to decrease from 900 to what ever number we want and it's lock at that degree.
    but it's also buggy. only work after i join the game and go to car, then go back to garage, change windows to g-hub, set it to 900 degree and after that set it to what ever number i want and go back to game and steering angle limitation work. - will upload video
    - race room now have pre set profile for g923 xbox ver. but there is problem, it doesn't have any map buttons and only steer left and right was set.:confused: - i have xbox 360 controller and game have everything map on that one. that's why it's strange for me.
    also the FFB setup is broken in this g923 profile. ( i can make a video if its useful. )
    i start to do amateur adjustment to make it feel better but i need to read a lot to understand how it's work in my free time
    - the rpm led still buggy in game and not working right.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
  8. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    small update
    i upload some video of problems i describe in youtube for maybe find out how to solve it.
    the problem between wheel and steam

the problem with operating range

and ingame FFB/LED problem

9. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Two more things you might try/have a look at: go to steam controller settings and make sure, your wheel is not checked and 'hijacked' by steam. Only the entry at the top should be checked.
    I sometimes have that problem too, that the game does not transmit the new wheelangle to my Thrustmaster driver after changing from Carrera classic (900°) to an open wheeler (360°) for example. What solves this issue for me, is this: when you're in the car in pits and the angle doesn't match the car's default one, I ESCape out back to the menu and then click on resume to get back to my cockpit again. That moment I can feel a jolt through the wheel and the correct angle is set. It's a bit annoying but I got used to it and it works 100%, at least for my T300.
    Btw, the animation of the in-game wheel stops at 360° when driver's hands are also displayed along with the wheel. So if you have set your wheel to 'match setup' in the game settings and set visability to 'only wheel', the in-game and real wheel should match 1:1.
    Hope that helps.

Oli

• Like Like x 1
  10. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hi :)
    if you mean the steam controller setting, i read around the web and unselect all controller.( in this page)
    1-1.jpg
    you mean "guide button focus steam"?
    i did select that but the problem still stay both in steam and in game.

about operating range, g923 don't take anything from game.:(i already test it.
    go to garage and go to car + press esc and do resume but operating range won't set automatically.
    the only way i can set is doing manually.
    +

thanks for wheel animation tip:blush:.
    i set it only to wheel. now both the ingame and left side animation match the real wheel 1:1.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    At least one hint was helpful :) What puzzles me, though, is that your wheel is listed as a 'Generic Gamecontroller G923' in the steam controller settings. Are you sure you installed all the necessary drivers for your wheel? What is it called like in windows' gamecontroller list? (You find it if you click on search at bottom left in windows and enter 'joy.cpl' for example)?

Oli

12. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    in windows " game controller" it's name as "g923 Racing Wheel for Xbox One and PC"
    4.jpg

but in properties there isn't anything what so ever like other controller if i install G-HUB.
    6.jpg

it's not like any gamepad or wheel driver i ever see in internet. no option in windows what so ever ( completely different from what i see in trustmaster or fanatec )
    by the look of it - i can't even control the firmware update in wheel like other brand or even have software for that.
    everything control by G-HUB software.
    the support site:
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us?mID=594
    and in manual, page 4 only tell to install G-HUB, no information of how to update firmware or etc. very simple guide
    https://www.logitech.com/assets/65932/g923-racing-wheel-qsg.pdf
    and in download we only have one link to G-HUB
    https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052979333-Download-Stub-G923
    in device manager it's " logitech G HUB G923 Racing Wheel for XBox One and PC (USB) " - maybe useful
    7.png

13. BeefMcQueen

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, that's odd, or maybe that's just the way Logitech handles it... I thought that g-hub just acts like a interface where all your logi devices are managed. Where you just have different presets stored for different games, stuff like that. I always thought, that there still has to be a driver for a specific input device...
    Did you ever try to uninstall g-hub altogether and see how the older 'Logitech gaming software' would handle it? Just a long shot, since I'm not even sure if LGS offers a G923 support at all?

Oli

14. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    someone already did it in youtube with no result - i can also do that but from what i read, most new G series hardware release after 2020 only work with G-HUB

g-hub is more than profile software - it's take the hardware and give system what hardware we have. if we don't install it, everything work as generic hardware ( like generic controller without any option - generic keyboard without any working extra button/led and etc).

i clean uninstall G-HUB and old LGS i had also and remove all hidden driver in device manager, check registry from posts i find online ( but didn't change anything btw - just check if i have them or not and i don't see any) and delete temp and all folder connect to logitetch ( again from posts in internet ) but still the problem stay.:confused:

+
    another victim of operating range/ steering angle :D
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-do-i-adjust-steering-angle.16757/#post-220401
    i will try to send post to him and see what ver he have and do he have other problem also or no.

+

and another rpm vitim
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/g923-rpm-leds-dont-work.16852/#post-221320

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
  15. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    some update to the problems

i post it in reddit " r/LogitechG " and user name " LOGIRich " answer that . i copy his answer"

can someone confirm the first one for me - what wheel you have not important just testing? thanks

for 2nd sadly when you want to use the same degree i'm forced to do it 2 times :D

and 3rd do the fast test to do what he tell for work around but it only stop the LED blink and didn't solve the FFB issue . i'm planning to do another video and post it with feedback.
    +
    it's xbox version problem and PlayStation version don't have this problem ( but i hope some guys owner test and report if FFB work right or not ) - lucky other user, unlucky me and xbox version owner.:(
    and the long time of it's released and not being fix yet is very sad story.....:disappointed:

for now
    a recommend for new Logitech buyer - if you don't own xbox console and want to play raceroom, buy the playstation version to have less problem or wait until the update for solving this bugs come in their site
    Logitech G HUB – Logitech Support + Download

16. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    another update to my wheel conditions :cool:
    good to see Logitech give me supports ( thanks to LOGIRich from reddit )

with information we figure out the first problem.

my steam make a profile in controller page beside the upper one and that make this bug.o_O
    06.PNG

i can't remove or disable it, the only option i have is after clicking on it, the hide option come up and after pressing, the xbox button bug will be gone. if i press unhide the profile will be back and also button bug.

07.PNG

for 2nd problem still waiting for the bug fix update will be release.:weary:

for 3rd, i paste his pm to me because he/she explain better:
    i test it also and after around 20 min i see one time the LED on wheel blink 2-3 times very fast and then stay on for 5-7 sec then gone again when i "set REV LEDs Toggle" to none
    don't khow why raceroom still sending led information and ask should i report this to but and the answer:
    also one more thing i happen to find is this problem
    [​IMG]

by chance i search for similar problems and find this

sec 73 if you want to fast jump
    his properties in game controllers working and have test panel but mine didn't.
    i ask about this and the way of solving:

for next month hoping for g-hub update to solve the LED/FFB and auto angle range problems,
    does anyone have record of 6 month working in his new wheel and not returning it yet?:D

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    hi:)
    new update of conditions

new update arrive - ver: 2021.5.9841 and solve the 3rd problem.
    wheel work fine for me both with and without LED. no more strange behave.
    the 2nd problem is still not fix yet and after asking:

i'm at point of start thinking should i wait more for 2nd problem fix be release and do work around or should i focus on changing wheel.
    i'm thinking to change to T300 GT but because of my other plans and probably not focusing on platforms update, going trustmaster also make less sense when i access to thing i need at start with g923.:confused:

18. marcomilano74

marcomilano74 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have g923 but I have I have a lot angle of steering, some one cam explain my easy if is possible to fix this problem thanks

19. zed

zed Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    from logitech
    The operating range issue is something we're aware of and is on the list of things to address. You've already found the current workaround, although I'll point out that you don't have to change to 900 and back again each time - just a single degree change will fix it.

and the topic
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/how-do-i-adjust-steering-angle.16757/#post-220401

20. marcomilano74

marcomilano74 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the answer