Question Logitech gaming software

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pastor_Chris, Apr 1, 2016.

1. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    Do I need to download the latest version if I use a G27. The latest software version is not compatible with the G27

• Like Like x 1
  2. DoctorFrazierCrane

DoctorFrazierCrane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Ha! Just discovered this myself.

I went back to the previous version Chris and it seems to work just fine.

Great sig by the way!

3. mmaruda

mmaruda Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Not sure about G27 but for the soft lock and wheel resistance in a standstill I had to download the 5.10.127 version from Logitech's site (it's at the bottom), install and reboot.

To be honest this all is quite convoluted. I hope Sector 3 adds some sort sticky explaining exactly who should update and how, just to save people the confusion.

4. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
  5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Be careful there. I checked the Logitech file, and on the download site they recommend to get a certain KB update from one year ago installed first.

That KD - teling by memory it was KB-3035969, I think - is a known serious troublemaker, it meant plenty of disaster for a very lot of people one year ago, another one of those nowadays plenty-o'-plenty Microsft-approved update messups. Many people needed hours to get out of tro9uble, some even needed to install new or found it easier to copy over a backup image of their HD.

In these days with awful Windows 10 and Microsoft's bullying, almost criminal "get Windows 10" campaign intruding your W7 computer even when you deliberately have decided you want that crap staying out of your home, one cannot be careful enough - I have had my fun with it last autumn, and ended up with fresh installation and now dual boot system. Microsft cheats, lies and betrays, when it comes to its damn GWX campaign. I drew the consequences and went to linux for all my non-game-launching needs - for all of them. Windows 7 I only maintain for launching games, nothign else anymore. AND I DO NOT ALLOW WINDOWS UPDATES ANYMORE, and have switched off all available Microsoft-calling background tasks as well. I have seen GWX creeping onto my HD via the chimney, so to speak, after it found my door, windows and basement all locked. Never will trust them again or give them a chance again, all trust has been eaten up.

Messy update that KF file already one year ago. Plus the GWX threat for W7 users. Chose wisely whether it really is worth it for you to take any risks. I will not get this Logoitech update, even more so since logitech software is crapware anyway. They are good hgardware designers, more or less, but their software often is crap, really. Not worth the hassle.

If you current solution works well enough for you, do not touch this, I recommend. As a W7 user, you still are lucky,k you still an choose and opt oput of updates, all or selecte dones. W10 users are not that priviliged anymore, their system now are Microsofts, and updates, functional or disastrous ones, will be loaded onto their machines anyway, whether they like ot or not, whether they break them or not.

To hell with Microsoft.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    I couldn't find any info on the update you're talking about, but I'm also generally sceptical to installing KB updates from Microsoft, as you never know what they really do.

The GWX ("Get Windows 10") update is mostly easy to uninstall, but if you have automatic updating enabled it will eventually come back. So I've disabled updating altogether, running Win 8.1.

And as always: If it works - don't fix it.

But if it doesn't work .... well, the new drivers are probably worth a shot. :)

7. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Well, I am on Windows 10, and while the OS is working well, I do hate what Microsoft is doing with the forced updates and data gathering. I just hope that if Sector 3 decides to change the engine to Unreal 4.0 they will release a Linux version as well.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    No, it is not, it only appears to be gone. In fact these related updates are many, come in gangs, and are a damn pest to get rid of for sure. Fact is that several updates relate to this crap since last year, and that some of them hide by deceiving you when coming in up to two dozen versions. You block the one, and get the other version. MS has re-uploaded some of these critical files up to two dozen times in a bid to defeat people who blocked unwanted GWX updates.

I have explained it repeatedly in another forum and will not do the whole dance again, instead I recommend you do some reading until last year in Woody'S blog which is competent and famous and maintained by one of the internet's known experts on Windows and Microsoft. Or use Susan's monthly identification list of KB updates listing which does what damage.

http://www.askwoody.com/category/microsoft-windows-patches-security/

Its also recommend to run GWX Control Panel in monitor mode constantly. Just do not feel safe eternally, sooner or later MS will delete this thread to its inettions, too.

http://ultimateoutsider.com/downloads/

They already have upgraded some of their GWX crap updates from "optional" to "recommended", I seem to recall one of it even is "security" now.

Best option is to not update Windows 7 anymore at all, and do all non-gameing stuff - ALL stuff - from a second platform with a different OS.

Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft ever has done - and these retards of the Microsoft gang intentionally give it the worst death possible of all their OS they ever released. Sign of the times.

9. Spazo

Spazo Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    That requested windows update is for the G29. Not G27. Not same driver/software

10. Pastor_Chris

Pastor_Chris Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 0 / -0
    That would be fantastic!!!

11. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
  12. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Anybody having problems installing the new Logitech drivers for the G27 in Windows 7?
    I have tried everything possible.Thanks in advance.

13. mmaruda

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    Well you need to install the KB-something update thingy first. Also, the Logitech website sometimes derps and when you select the 64-bit version it downloads the 32-bit one and vice versa, make sure you have the correct one.

14. Stiku

Stiku Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    May I ask, what kinda weather is in your planet right now?
    And greetings from earth.

15. digitizer

digitizer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately i'm already with Win 10 and i can't find Logitech Profiler after install it anywhere. Settings for my old DFPro now in "device and printers" control panel and main problem - in this panel i can only recalibrate my wheel. No any setting. And now i have 180 degree instead 900. (In device manager i have right name for the wheel, but in control panel i have icon with pad not with wheel, may be its ok for win 10 ?). Maybe later i come back to Win 7, just need a lot to reinstall from Steam. I'm use win only for games and OS X is my primary OS

16. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Search the logitech folder in program files and find the executable, then you can make a shortcut somewhere, like on the desktop and then you can lock it to the taskbar.

The driver doesn't succeed in creating a start menu item or shortcut, but it is still there.

17. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    I'm search for it at entire disk but don't see any exe files from Logitech. It's happened after some win update (for several month ago) i think (have a turned on automatically download/install win updates). And install process look so strange. Earlier during install process, i see searching for devices and maybe some calibration process (can't remember). Now its just install so fast without any searching for devices and any question. Just start install, agree license, finish install and registration process. After it i see only 2 folder inside Logitech folder + one with SDK. And no executive files in it.

18. Raaf

Raaf Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Anti-Virus program?

19. digitizer

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    No, i don't have any anti-virus program. And i'm run installer with Administrator. But i don't know Win 10 well, maybe some more settings anywhere like Gatekeeper in OS X, for deny install software from unknowing manufacturer ?

Solved: I'm download 5.10_old installer from Logitech ftp. Unzip it with 7zip and run msi file manually. Now i have 900 degree on my DFPro

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  20. leillo1975

leillo1975 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree to this. It's a pity to have a Windows partition because of some games without support.