Problem Logitech Momo calibration issues

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nickbrad, Jan 7, 2016.

1. nickbrad

nickbrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all, I just downloaded the Raceroom experience last night after hearing good things about it from the ISR livestream chat and as I am now returning to sim racing after 11 years due to a series of factors, it seemed like a good idea to see what options are available before committing any money to a particular sim.

I am using my old Logitech Momo Racing wheel and after downloading the latest drivers for it, I headed off to LFS yesterday as I had tried it in the past and it was a known quantity. The graphics are very dated though and so my next stop was this sim.
    Fired it up and first off, the wheel was recognised so that was a good start. I tried heading out in a single player practice and that's where things went wrong. The wheel went haywire before throwing itself the the left and staying there. I managed to pull it straight although it was fighting me back to the left, selected first gear and pressed the accelerator. The engine revved up and the screen showed I was in first, but there was no forward motion and the wheel started going spastic. Let the revs off and the wheel relaxes and returns to the left.

Obvious calibration issues, but it seems there is no way to sort this. I played around for around 15 minutes in the options, but I can't understand half of it and the rest doesn't do what I expect it to.

I'm running windows 10 with the aforementioned Logitech Momo, (old I know, but it works on other sims just plug and play so I was hoping for the same experience here). When I used to sim race years ago, it was with NR2003 and calibration was as simple as one click on an option, turn the wheel, press the pedals, select gears and you're good to go. I never had to touch Logitech profiler so I have no idea how to navigate that, if that is something I have to do, please reply with a step by step guide rather than just saying go in there and set up a profile for this game etc....

In closing, I really want to give raceroom a fair trial before deciding which sim I am going to race with, (I don't have the time or money to jump from sim to sim,) but if I cannot get my wheel to work, then it's a non starter and it'll get deleted permanently.

2. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  3. nickbrad

nickbrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Someone was discussing switching to a DFGT just last night as there was one available nearby for $50, (they were in idaho,) but in reference to your link, my personal wheel, although old, has seen probably only around 10 months of usage on ovals with the odd rare road course thrown in. I certainly wouldn't say it's worn out by any stretch of the imagination and swapping to a DFGT which itself is a very old wheel now, seems to make little sense to me, if I had the cash, i'd rather save it and buy a new entry level wheel such as the T150.
    Crucially, I have only spent out on a new pc last month, (which is why I am only now stepping back into the arena so to speak,) so there is exactly £0.00 available for a better/newer wheel. It's this Logitech, (which the FAQS say is natively supported,) or nothing I'm afraid.

4. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
  5. nickbrad

nickbrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I probably should have said I got the latest drivers applicable to my wheel, but I did just go double check. It is indeed the lgs510x64 and hovering over the install files it tells me it is version 4.1.100.1332. As I mentioned, running on LFS, (the only other Free to try software I am aware of,) and ETS2, the wheel and pedals work exactly as I'd expect, so I don't think the issue is with any drivers, rather it is a calibration issue when it comes to this sim which I have no idea how to overcome.

6. nickbrad

nickbrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, just thought I'd have a blast on LFS before picking the kids up and uh oh, the same thing is happening. I have no idea how it happened, but I unplugged the usb lead after exiting the game and after plugging it back in,all is fine now.

Somehow the base profile got all jumbled and until now, I never thought to go back and try LFS, I just wanted to get running with this.
    Now I have control, I guess the only thing to figure out is what car/track combo to start out on. Circuit racing isn't really my forte, I grew up around oval racing and so that has always been my focus, despite being English. Any suggestions on where to start, the raceroom track with all it's undulations in a silhouette car is certainly not for beginners lol.

7. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yes that may happen from time to time (known issue). Forgot about that. Also adviced to shut the profiler off when ingame (via Taskmanager >processes > LWE MON if i remember right). The software is known for causing issues and shutting it off (ingame RRE) doesn't mess with your settings.

Good Luck ;)

8. nickbrad

nickbrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to shut the profiler off altogether without having any adverse effects? As it is, it's auto set to boot up with my system

9. n01sname

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    With RRE the profiler starts automatically, unfortunately...seems to vary from game to game - with Dirt Rally I have to use it cause the standard rotation angle is ridiculous and I prefer at least a 540° angle cause otherwise I could use a gamepad as well...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. nickbrad

nickbrad New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ok, no worries, it's a bit awkward working around it, but it's not impossible now I know what to do. Thanks for your help. :)

11. Clapper

Clapper Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    I've been using my Logitech Momo under Windows 10 without any drivers and it works fine -- I never thought of looking for any drivers :) I do have a G510 keyboard and run the Logitech Profiler Software 5.10.127 (Logitech Gaming Software 8.x) but never opened it up to set any profiles.

Occasionally, my wheel might turn left/right with full force but it's usually after opening up the replay or pausing. In that case I just restart the game.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  12. Ben Joeres

Ben Joeres Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi nickbrad, i really like to help you ! im using the logitech momo racing wheel too, but never have experienced any problems with it, im using the Logitech profiler 5.10.127 driver but on windows 7 and windows 8.1. if its not working perfect now, maybe u should think about going back to windows 7 or 8 because i heard there are more people with problems under windows 10. my steering angle is set to 220 degree with only the wheel showing(showing the wheel and driver will cause problems because its not going 220 degree then, just about 190 or so then it stops)

if u have any further problems with running this game contact me bro, im rly willing to help u out since im using the same wheel and this game is just great imo, so i would like to help if u need it !

greetings
    Ben