Problem Long loading time since game update/windows update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dr_DeathMD, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It has been a while since I've played R3E but I've noticed that the game is now taking 2-5 min to load from the splash screen? I have also updated to windows 10 2004. Any idea what caused the load times to become so long? The game also crashes 1-5 times before loading. I have already verified the files.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    That new W10 version is seemingly causing problems with stuff like Nvidia drivers so might be worth doing a rollback till it is properly patched and fit for general release.

3. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    And I have an Nvidia card so that might explain it. I don't want ot go back since it seems to be working.

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s with pre 358 version drivers, which is really old but it was just an example of bugs typical of a new W10 release. If the game is giving you problems and not other people then eliminating conflictive hardware or software seems to be the only solution.

There is no issue with HD performance, is there? Is the computer performing well with other software and games?

I guess a clean install of RRE could be another option.

5. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    No I've even moved it over to an SSD to see if that was the issue. It was not. I have the latest W10 2004 Nvidia "game ready drivers". Normally, I would be fine with rolling back but for once this is the only issue I'm having after a major update! I am afraid rolling back and forward after a few bug fixes might actually make things worse (because Windows 10 has gone from great to a steaming pile of random broken turds).

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    What is in-game performance like once the game has loaded? Does it take ages to load tracks in single player and multiplayer modes? Do you get good FPS?

7. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It takes a bit longer to load into the game and alt-tabbing is risk due to crashing. But the in game performance seems similar. Back of the grid at Sepand in TCR 2019 with 23 cars, I get 60 at the start and 75ish for most of the race with graphics on high. There are the occasionally dropped frame/microstutter that plagues the old directx titles but it seems very similar to where it was before. I have noticed if I hit escape to pause and then load back into the game the sound will loop for 5-10 seconds which never happened before.

8. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    For me; long loading times has been a symptom of either very slow internet my end OR their servers are under a very high load

9. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I am at a new place on powerline adapters getting 60 MB/s and not the 200 MB/s I could get if fully hardwired like at my old place but I cannot imagine that would make a huge difference.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    So if the game runs fine while racing, I guess we can narrow it down to Windows/ Hard Drive/Internet connection.
    Did you try with other online games to see if there is a pattern? What does speedtest show? Do you get kicked from any public servers with a ping limit?

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    using these your ping will be a lot higher

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I would definitely try hardwiring it to see if that solves the problem!
    As with all trouble shooting it’s a process of elimination.
    Time the load in time with your current configuration and the time it hardwired and compare the difference but make sure you do the test around about he same time to mitigate the variation of server load sector3’s end

I download at 50mbs with 5ms ping and it takes around 2 min to get through to the first menu

13. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Takes me less than 40 seconds to get to the main menu from 0., including loading steam. Maybe 30 secs if steam has initialised already and my pc is by no means super.

14. MattStone

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Fark you then :p

15. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I can't plug directly into the modem. I have tired other games and my ping is fine. Multiple speed tests shows a stable connection, no packet loss, and 60 MBs near solid connection. It is just R3E that takes forever to load!

16. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    40 secs to load seems long to me, I am sure people get i quicker. How long must it take you to load a track in multiplayer if you are taking so long just to start the game?

17. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It takes a min to load a track. This is the slowest loading sim IMO. I'm on very good hardware. 1080Ti, I7-8700k, game is on a 7200 RPM drive as having it on an SSD never really sped up loading.

18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I get about 40 seconds loading a track in single player, depending on the track size. Multiplayer typically between 1 and 2 minutes but that depens on server load rather than my hardware. A good Crucial or Samsung SSD should make the world of difference. It´s transformed my older computers.

19. Dr_DeathMD

Dr_DeathMD New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I will move it over to my SSD but I never noticed it really improving the R3E load time previously. I moved it to make room for flight sims which benefit form an SSD due to the streaming.

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It won´t make it worse. When you do that and maybe do a clean reinstall, we can see if it is fixed. I´d recommend putting games on a separate SSD from the main OS and steam as that way you don´t need to reinstall everythng if the main OS drive fails.