Problem Long loading time since game update/windows update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Dr_DeathMD, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I was curious and took a look at my loading times.

My game is installed on an SSD and it took 45 seconds to get to the main menu. My internet is slow by modern standards, but net meter shows the game loading its info only at 50 KB/s, which is nothing. If, by chance, all the info would load instantly, that'll take the loading time down to 20 seconds. So it goes like this: splash screen pops up, a few seconds later the internet downloading starts, when it's done the game opens up in full screen, and after that barely anything loads over internet.

Also, solo practice on Nurb took 22 seconds to load.
    Practice with 19 opponents took 73 seconds to load.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it´s mostly HD working. Internet will be when steam boots and checks for updates then the splash screens. I get sub 30 seconds if Steam is already started.

3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. I moved the game from HDD to SSD somewhere back in december and I don't remember seeing any significant improvement in loading times.

For my numbers it's not the case, the Steam was already running. It's the game itself that loads the info over internet while in splash screen.

4. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I've watch my SSD activity and memory load and whilst I'm waiting there appears to be very little activity BUT I see the internet is constantly drawing around 50-100kps so to me it looks like the wait time is due to R3E doing some sort of DRM check or something.

When I had really slow interent it would sometimes take 5-8 minutes to load! Now it's less than a minute with my new NBN connection