Look to apex.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krzysztof Volek, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Krzysztof Volek

Krzysztof Volek Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I was refering to FreeTrack http://www.free-track.net/english/, not FaceTrackNoIR. The latter does not need a clip, but from what I have read it is far less precize and troublesome, then FreeTrack which needs a clip (preferably with IR LEDs, but it will also work with normal LEDs or some kind of reflective material), but after set up properly works very well in flight sims and racing sims.

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    +1 to look for apex! Missing it since Race 07

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bailey Lagstrum

Bailey Lagstrum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha, I vaguely remember having heard about this one, thanks for the link. I can only imagine but I would assume it has got to work better than the one I mention, simply because it has LED's to follow.

4. lslarko

lslarko New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Well after a little research I found a rather neat little option which is just use your smart phone for free if you have an android device with a gyroscope in it, I did come across options for iphone users along the way, however i can confirm this android version works a treat!

https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/wiki/Smartphone-Headtracking

• Like Like x 2
  5. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Olaf

Olaf New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree! Coming from Race07 (and GTR2) this is a must-option for me and the reason that I have not bought any RaceRoomExperience content so far.

7. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    The dude in that video is hilarious.. Didnt know this existed but i find this a very very good option to have. Gonna try and find a way to try this as well.. i saw a video of someone with a webcam on his tv/monitor which did work nice as well but it was on another AC.. Could you make a video showing your way of headtracking? There's only one and boy is it funny.. :D But very effective!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2015
  8. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Or you could just use RealHeadMotion. Will post a video soon. It isn't lust for looking ahead. When racing side by side in a curve, you can better see the opponent. I purposefully raced behind the AI to show the effect. Yes, I do know the car was geared wrong. No, I don't care. It's just a video. LOL

Swagg

9. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 3
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Personally I can't race with look to apex effects.
    I find it disorientating when the game turns the virtual head without me myself is moving.. .
    But as with everything else, options is always good.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Was really weird for me at first. I don't notice it now. But I'm not trying to sell people on it. I'm just helping a bro.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    I use rhm in ac and it's brilliant,I didn't know you could use it with r3e.
    How to swagg?

13. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It just does I think.... Swagg helped me, using the AC RHM and freepie.

Tbh I'm struggling with it, cause it feels like I'm turning more than I am but I'm gonna stick with it.

I've set some deadzones so my virtual head isn't moving about when I'm correcting.

14. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Ok I'll have a look at it this evening after work .
    cheers

15. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Could someone plz explain how to start, what path to choose under console and script....where to copy the exe and xml file to..... and what is FreePIE, goddamned ? :) (apple is my personal preference btw.)
    Its nice to present fancy new stuff to implement - would be even better to explain how....:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm knew to this to dudes, but here goes...

FreePie is a kinda platform where techy folk can code stuff for multiple platforms, one of them happens to be able to get into sims to make the cockpit camera move about..someone made one for AC that happens to work in R3e too...

You will need to install FreePie 1.5 from here https://sites.google.com/site/midid...otion-plugin/realheadmotion-for-assetto-corsa works, because this one has the console.exe (Install to a custom directory on your C drive) the console will be in that folder, this will be the freepie console path. You won’t ever have to run FreePie, it just has to be installed.

to be ctd.

Everything else you'll need is attached, including Swaggs guide. cheers Swagg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 6, 2015
  17. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Remember, you can set the degree of the turn. If you've ridden a motorcycle, you know to look where you intend to be, not at what is in front of you. It will become natural.

Swagg

• Like Like x 1
  18. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I've zipped it up Swagg, attached above

19. SwaggerJacker

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    Cool, deleted post. I missed it.

20. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thx guys.....BUT :( doesn't work for me, followed all instructions, calibrated , configured and got a major freeze....thx but I don't waste my time with such stuff...and now getting a bit pissed because there is still no simple look-to-apex function (this highly complicated and extra performance-killing feature that will blow up all PCs, uses at least 10GB HD space and sucks your gfx-cards empty :D ) ....:mad:

Last edited: May 7, 2015