Resolved Loooong loading time......

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by c.hawes65, Sep 7, 2016.

1. c.hawes65

c.hawes65 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Hello! Can anyone please help, the length of time RaceRoom takes to load is driving me nuts! It currently takes about 10 !/2 minutes, once I'm in the game works fine. All suggestions very gratefully received.

2. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Bump!! Sorry to bring this up again but it is now taking between 20 to 25 minutes for the game to load, which kind of ruins the spontaneity a bit......any clues?

3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean the game launching process or loading into a race session?

Please give a little more info on your system as well, PC specs, OS, type of connection, stuff like that.
    Don't think it's a connection issue tho, cause if it's that it should timeout way earlier. Did you play RR before or just started recently?

In any case try deleting the Raceroom data folder in ...MyDocuments\Simbin and verifying the games cache files in steam (right click, properties, local files tab).

4. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick reply Christian, I mean when launching the game from desktop, once it's loaded it works perfectly.
    It does seem to be related to the amount of content, the more I buy, the longer it takes! I've been playing since January 2015 and the loading time has been gradually creeping up.
    I'll try deleting the files you suggest, thanks again.

No joy unfortunately, still taking 20 minutes + to load. Back to the drawing board.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  5. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0

Well buddy of mine was having issues after buying content verifying cache did nothing what did fix it for him was deleting game and re downloading it you could try that and report back thanks

6. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andy, I've already uninstalled it a couple of times but with no success, ( I've been trying to fix this for ages :D ).
    It's really baffling as all my other games load straight away, but this is my favourite! Typical. :)

7. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Well as Christian asked please post your pc os and specs
    How many hard drives do you have and how much room ?

8. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Specs are.....AMD FX 4350 quad, 8G RAM, GTX750 ti, Win7 Home Premium. One hard drive, 363 gig free space.
    I'm having no problems with the way it plays, just the long loading time, I have all the current content and it all runs sweet.

9. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Do you have any anti virus running ?
    Almost like something is scanning entire game first ?

10. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I have AVG anti virus, I'll give it a try turned off.

Tried with AVG off. No difference.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  11. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just as test uninstall avg restart pc try again just to make sure you have nothing to loose trying and i am convinced it is something scanning game files at game start up

12. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Yep, tried that, no change, I guess I'll just have to be patient.

13. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Do you have a firewall on?
    Do you use a proxy server?
    Is there anything else on your PC that gets stuck for so long?
    Have you looked at the task manager during that loading time to see what are the processes running and if there is anything unusual?
    Maybe try running Fiddler to see if there is anything in the connection that causes the issue.

Applications tend to either load or not load at all. Loading successfully after 20 minutes(!) is rather unusual, I admit.

14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Apologies if this has been suggested or if you've already tried it but have you checked the hard drive for errors? On my old hard drive that crapped out, it used to take Race 07, all my add ons, and it's delightful packs 20 minutes or so to load up. I tried many of the suggestions first, but discovered the hard drive needed to be replaced. Once I replaced it, Race 07 loaded up in a minute or two.

15. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    @ Squanchy & Dave R,
    Thanks for the suggestions, I've tried with firewall on & off, no, proxy server, everything else loads fine, ( AC, AMS, Dirt Rally, F1 2016, NASCAR Heat Evolution and pCars all load up quickly with no problems). Everything looks fine in Task Manager and I tried Fiddler and that checked out OK. As far as I can tell the HD is OK.
    I've got a bit of a routine going now, I fire up RaceRoom, wait a couple of minutes watching the blue spinning thing in anticipation then succumb to the inevitable and Ctrl/Alt/Del back to desktop and watch a slideshow of RR screen shots with a cup of tea & a smoke, as if by magic approximately 20 minutes later the game starts & off we go!
    Thanks again. :)

16. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    So you tried deleting the whole documents folder (not the steam one, the one where the userdata and such is stored)?
    If so, another shot in the dark: Do you maybe have very many replay files or screenshots stored? If so, try moving or deleting (some of) them.

17. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    Yep, I deleted the documents folder, I've also deleted screenshots & replays and I'm just re-installing the game after uninstalling it earlier today......currently at 2%, I'll be back in about 6 hours. :D

18. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Waiting to hear how it goes, but thought you said you had already uninstalled raceroom before ?

19. c.hawes65

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I already did, just thought I'd try it again. 88% downloaded.....

20. Andy Blade

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Wow taking forever lol