Problem Lots of problems; is VR taken seriously?

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Navigator, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Navigator

Navigator Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    As this is my "goto-game" it hurts a bit I can't really play it anymore, not in VR at least and you know; when you have a VR thing finally, you don't go back to a monitor so quickly.

The problems in a row:
    - when entering the game, the arrow doesn't work most of the time and even with alt-tab and hitting win-Y you don't get control over it. It takes a long time and all of the sudden it seems to work but the movement is very limited. Doing alt-tab again, sometimes makes it better.
    - when in car, although pitch- and roll lags are set properly, 99 out of a 100 times, the car moves sideways and forward/backward with you head.
    - it seems that when the former point is present, the games also doesn't run smooth at all. It seems related.
    - when you pause, you get a screen overlay, but the car in the background keeps resetting its position, making everything flickering. For a person who is lucky enough not to get sick from the VR set, this is a real tester!
    - the screen opens way down in the deep and you have to press enter to get through the opening screens, then reset the screen.

So, those problems seem to exist for a longer time already as I try to figure stuff out and the things I try, don't really seem to do much as it is still not addressed by the makers.
    New content does come out and that brings cash, I know. But doest that mean that when you did buy "all content" like I did and stuff is not working properly, you just have bad luck, thanks for the money?
    Because why is this the only game I'm having this much trouble with and is it exact the same game I payed the highest amount of money for?!

• Like Like x 1
  2. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Uhmm, what arrow? You mean the mouse cursor? I have a trackball beside my simrig ( im also in VR ), everything works fine so far.

I had that head movement yesterday only slightly because i put off my quest2 and the screen turned black. After putting it on, i had exactly this movement ( its moving just slightly ), but that problem has been solved from self. I think it had something to do with the head tracking.
    And there is a thread about performance settings for VR, with them, it looks nice now for me ( ok i have just upgraded my pc components ).

3. fedor

fedor New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Navigator What VR head set are you useing

4. Pierluigi Vinci

Pierluigi Vinci New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Never had any issue with VR in raceroom, maybe you should check your system