Love The Sim, Hate The Mirrors!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2ndLastJedi, Aug 31, 2016.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I've been loving racing in Raceroom and now have the graphics just about maxed out in 4K and it looks pretty darn awesome but the mirrors and reflections really let the visuals down. Are there any plans to bring the mirrors and reflections up to a higher standard. Having smoke from brake lock-ups show in the mirrors also would really help with how much I can enjoy this Sim.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. See ETS2 (another dx9 game) for a nice mirror implementation.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Yeh the mirrors aren't great, especially fov, it's so different to rear look in distance, and what's even odder is if you turn on/off the virtual mirror is adjust the view/fov of the original mirrors???

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    There should be an adjustment to increase resolution and quality for people with Gpu's that are capable of rendering higher visuals. Having smoke in the mirrors would be the best. I love that affect in Assetto Corsa.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the mirrors are pure crap. Need more detail to see the flashes of my friends behind me :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    dont use them ........ so dont care

;)

Andi

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully that sentiment isn't MIRRORED(Thank you, thank you, try the salmon.) in the rest of the testers and devs and we can see some higher quality reflections, seeing how the virtual mirror and actual cars ones run different resolutions the tech seems to be there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i was just joking , but for me as i dont use triple screens , etc i use the look left/right and behind a lot , as the rearview mirror isnt really visible in a lot of cars , as for a higher quality im sure that would be nice for those with system specs high enough and triple screens etc , but those people are in a minority globally in the games end users , there are so many things that are much higher on the list for me , but once again , i was joking

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I figured, but it was too good/bad a pun to not post. That said are there really that many potato PC's running R3E where the users are dropping cash on the game? I too run single monitor and for all the peripheral vision I miss out on I do get to run the game with everything cranked up to make up for it, mirrors are of course pretty far down the list of things to work on when compared to flags, multiclass etc etc but then again perhaps it wouldn't require quite the manhours to implement compared to them either. I would say I'm sorry you were caught in the punfire Andi but... I feel the pun was worth it. :D

10. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    no worries .. i agree that it be nice ; and honestly things are being worked on , from when this first came out and what we have today are very different beasts , if only you could see the beta testers request list then you realise that we are all asking for the same things, just we get less likes ;)
    its friday the weekend is here, im sat under a tree on public wifi , there is a light breeze the sun is shinning , and ive just been handed the key to the bar in front of me ... i am at peace with the world ... i shall go pull myself a beer while i wait for the bar to "officially" open

Andi

11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Meine Güte, dass du gleich so auf die Kacke hauen musst :D... Ich hab auch ohne HR Mirrors spannende Rennen, bzw. noch keins deswegen verloren...bisschen übertrieben da gleich so ein Fass aufzumachen...kann ich Andy`s Witz durchaus verstehen...
    My goodness, to start such a fuzz about the mirrors- ok they don't look nice, but most of the time I look ahead not behind (which I recommend) and it's still enough to see what's going on right behind me (which is most important)...and besides : I never lost a race or fight because of it....totally understandable Andy was joking about ;)
    I also understand that the more the folks got the more they want....pretty sure it will be fixed, when the time comes...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +98 / 0 / -0
    Find them a bit better than the ones in Assetto Corsa (or it could be just me o_O haven't played for a while).
    [Everything is maxed out on both at 2K]

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I want mirrors and reflections to be as real as possible to go along with the rest of the Sim. Having mirrors and reflections that are low in refresh rate and resolution realy lower the look of the Sim.
    So if the Dev's can give a slider to increase these things, why not.
    While running at 4K this Sim looks amazing but these things detract from an other wise memorable experience.
    I don't realy have much else i think i want improved, maybe incar adjustable roll bars, other than that things i don't see coming to this version (weather/time cycles). Just have to wait for the sequel for that. Now i think that is reasonable and realistic.
    Oh, and get my crash issue fixed.
    Thanks @Sonat Ozturk for your help last night:sleeping::sweatsmile:

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Is there any chance to get a mirror update that could rival Live For Speed's new mirror update?
    The mirrors in R3E open wheelers are actually pretty awful. Please help to make R3E(my fav Sim) the best on the market.
    Give us an adjustment to increase resolution and rendering refresh rates please.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Kondor999

Kondor999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    This is already the best sim out there. But it would be really great if the mirrors and the hood reflections (which update at a much lower rate than everything else) could be improved. Even with all settings maxed, my GPU is getting used at only about 30-35%, so it's frustrating not to be able to improve these reflections.

• Like Like x 1