Loving it!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jynn, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    So I tried RRE about 6 months ago, spent about 30 minutes and uninstalled as I just didn't like the feel. I don't know whether it's because I was too lazy to set the ffb settings properly or whether the game was just very basic then but it just didn't feel good to me. Then I saw the email on friday and thought I'd give it another shot, and I'm really blown away. The ffb is awesome and the handling is just ...wow. Grip that feels real and when you go past the tires limit the road doesn't magically turn into ice as it does in some other sims.

So was the Friday patch really game changing or is just me not having set things up properly the first time around?
    Also how much would one need to spend in order to make the most of the game?

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  2. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    the patch made a huge change to the way the engine delivers power (I reacon it gives a better sense of weight) but there have been lots of updates in the past six months including a ffb overhaul and updated physics on a lot of cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    First of all, if you are looking to buy some content go here and bulk buy some vRP. It's cheaper this way:

http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

R3E is a little expensive if you want to buy the bulk of content but your vRP can go much further if you're savvy. Look out for in-game sales as well as the 'experience' packs going cheap on Steam. Also you can simply buy one car from each class which allows you to race online and offline against the other cars in that class you don't own.

I'm pleased you have changed your mind on R3E. It's been a good sim for a while now and has really come good over the last few months. It's a shame more people aren't playing it but sadly I think the sales model and pricing can be a turn-off for some and the game perhaps suffers from poor public perception because of how it was in those first 12-18 months. It's a great sim now and deserves to be played by more people.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Any recommendations for which cars to buy if I go the route of buying one per class?

5. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    although most cars are competetive in their respective classes, i would suggest....

GTR2- RUF
    DTM92- BMW
    G5- Corvette
    WTCC- Honda
    GTR3/ADAC- Mercedes

those series seem to be the most popular online. the cars tho, are my suggestions for new players. my favorites are actully different in every series i mentioned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    It's very subjective. I would suggest using the free test drive option and try some cars for yourself.

However, if you can afford it I would recommend getting the DTM '14 & ADAC GT Masters '14 Experiences plus the European track pack. That will give you plenty of content to be getting on with. WTCC 2013 is excellent and very popular online but the 2014 season should be out this week so maybe it's worth waiting for that. Group 5 classics is another must have if you like brutal RWD touring cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    I would recommend test driving each car to get a rough feeling of its strong and weak sides.

In DTM92 for example the Ford Mustang has abit more HP than the rest of the cars so naturally it has a better top speed.
    However it also weighs about 200-300kg more then the other cars, so it handles a bit different and has a longer braking distance.
    The BMW E30 M3 weighs less, is more agile and can brake later but instead suffers from a lower straight line top speed (but is faster around the corners)

All cars have different strengths and personalities but it all balances out very well and creates interesting racing.
    In the end its all subjective, down to what you personally enjoy and prefer driving, so test drive and find out!

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Bitch!!! XD

Dude G5+GTO tonight... you're in? ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Another question regarding purchases, when I add the different packs into the cart, it doesn't seem to discount any tracks that are overlapping ie. exist in both packs. How would I go about ensuring I don't overpay?

10. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    It should auto discount as you add them Jynn. At least it has in my case. As for recommendations, it all depends on what you're interested in. I love the DTM cars so 2014 and 1992 were must haves and the WTCC stuff as well. The WTCC is my favorite and I've driven them more than any other class. I've bought just about all the content and I'd rank em like this (some might agree some might not, this is just my personal ranking)

Tracks
    1. American Track Pack (I love Mid Ohio and Laguna Seca. Indy and Sonoma are good too but I've raced Mid Ohio and Laguna Seca in almost every game I've ever played and S3S has the best version of both of em.
    2. European Track Pack (if you put this in your cart, it should discount most everything else)
    3. Salzburgring (easily my favorite track in the game). I love it and add it to each season of whatever car I'm running
    4. Bathurst

Car Packs
    1. WTCC 13- my favorite but I have a feeling it will be overtaken by 14 when it's released. Fun cars to drive and not a bad one in the bunch.
    2.. DTM14-Love the physics. The downside is that for now they can only be raced as part of the experience and can't be raced at other tracks
    3. Group 5-these are a bit more difficult to drive but monsters nonetheless. I love the sound and the way they feel.
    4. DTM 1992-Mustang is amazing but love the others as well
    5. GTR2-love this pack.
    6. ADAC14- Love this set just not as much as the others
    7. ADAC13- see above
    8. Daytona Protos- fun proto set
    9 Radicals-fun cheap set.
    10. DTM 2013- a lot of fun and you can run them at any track, but since I'd imagine it won't be long before the 14 cars can be run at any track, might want to hold off on this set.

Individual Cars
    Touring Classics are quite a bit of fun. I love the Volvo
    The Audi Quattro is a must. Wonderful noisemaker and drives well

I'm sure I've left some out but these are my thoughts. Again, test drive all of em and see what you think. I love the experiences (DTM and ADAC) as well as creating custom championships to run through in Single Player. Hope this helps

• Like Like x 1
  11. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Discount should be applied at checkout.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    @itsmedavetn

Your favourite car pack is WTCC and your favourite track is Salzburgring. I think we will get on very well indeed!

• Like Like x 1
  13. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    The game always accounts for preowned and overlapping content when making purchases. It won't make you pay twice.

Welcome back, good to see more racers online when i log on....tell a friend!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ok, but as you can see from this screenshot, the discount isn't showing up.
    2015-06-08_00001.jpg

15. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    oh and btw, just been test driving the dtm cars, holy shit those things are amazing, I can honestly say the most thrilling sim car I've ever driven!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure then mate. You should get discount as some of those tracks are part of both experiences.

You could try purchasing each pack one at a time eg DTM first, then ADAC then the track pack in separate transactions.

Perhaps best to wait for someone from Sector3 to answer your question.

Edit - the experiences can bought on the Steam store so it's always worth checking that out in case they are on sale.

17. Jynn

Jynn Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    np, I'll just start with dtm 2014, that should be enough to blow my mind for a while! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Good choice. Can't go wrong with that one

19. James Cook

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Just out of interest, do you now get a discount if you put one of the other packs in the cart?

20. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Owned content discounts show already when viewing the pack in the store, without having to put it in the cart.

If you own part of a content pack, the price tag you will see in the store will already take that into account.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1