Low fps on a good system.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thetriggerfinger999, Jan 12, 2021.

1. thetriggerfinger999

thetriggerfinger999 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Specs: GPU: 5700xt powercolour red dragon
    CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    RAM: 16GB DDR4
    RES: 1440P

Hi guys, so using a mix of high and shadows low settings, with mssa x2 and 20 ai I am getting around 70fps on the starting grid at brands hatch. Usually this fps wouldnt bother me but it feels very choppy with this game for some reason.

On games like ams2 and rfactor 2 I get much higher fps and it also feels a lot smoother, but this game is one of my favourites and i want to get it sorted.

Is this because of DX9?, or do i need to upgrade my system again?(hopefully not!).

Thanks in advance.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you have msi afterburner and or rivatuner statistics server installed then uninstall them, they do not play nicely with this game.

3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Also try vsync.

4. thetriggerfinger999

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i dont use msi, riva or vsync. Sadly i still have low fps. Have also used DDU for my drivers. As most of my games run great i think it may be an issue with the game itself.

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I had this issue for almost a year, set about having a look a couple weeks ago and had a strange one, in desperation I deleted cache in myDocs\Simbin\RRE\Browser data\Cache, rebooted and loaded up RR and I was back to 170fps. I made no other changes other than DDUing my last driver and installing the latest. Just delete the Cache and GPUCache inside Cache, bit confusing but it becomes clear. Have no idea if this will help but it has certainly improved things here.

*Just so you know this will not affect RR as Steam will rebuild these folders when you start the software.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. thetriggerfinger999

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Must try this later on, thanks very much :).

7. thetriggerfinger999

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Sadly that didnt work, what did work was changing the shadows from high to low. Dont know why i would have to do that since i have a 5700xt but it worked!.