Bug Low FPS

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Andy Wheeler, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Andy Wheeler

Andy Wheeler New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys,

I've got a problem since my pc is on Windows 10.

RRE used to be very smooth and playable but since windows 10, the game is laggy and unplayable (Between 10 and 20 FPS)

If you know any ways to improve my FPS, it will be awesome !

My PC :

Windows 10 Familly Edition
    Proc : Intel Core I7 - 4510U CPU @2.00
    Ram 8G
    nVidia GeForce 840M
    Wheel : Thrustmaster TX GTE

Thanks guys

2. juan Fafian

juan Fafian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    I think you should do a clean installation

3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Are you saying that you just recently got Windows 10 and are only now having issues? Or did you have Windows 10 for a while... and the game just suddenly started having poor performance?

Did you change any of the graphics settings recently? You can check and see if they are set higher than you remember.

Hmm, it looks like you are on a laptop. Im wondering if it is set up so that it uses your dedicated gpu and not the integrated graphics built into the cpu. Maybe games arent using your gtx 840m.

Im honestly not sure how to switch from integrated graphics to the dedicated gpu that you have, so searching google for a way to do that may be necessary.

You could also run a Steam integrity check for raceroom. Right click on the game in steam, select properties, select local files, and click verify integrity of game cache.

4. c3lix

c3lix Active Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Disable your Intel Graphic Card in your bios settings. Seems like it doesn't activate your Nvidia card while playing.