Problem Low fps

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Snoopy, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Despite everyone bashing the cpu for being bad, i still think it should be possible to get near 60 fps on that low resolution.
    For comparison, i can play the game on Full HD Medium Settings (Nordschleife, 30 enemys) with this thing .

You swapped from an AMD card to NVIDIA?
    We had driver related problems with games before after swapping those, the only way to get rid of them was a reinstallation of Windows, perhaps this may help, i can understand if you want to avoid this though.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Snoopy

Snoopy New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, when race is in progress (after couple laps) there are more spacings beetween cars etc. frames are higher than at the start where all cars are side by side, but it is still around 40ish. For me the AI cars seems to be a problem, because if I do laps on empty track fps are sometimes twice as high.

Yes, I jumped from HD 5770 to GTX 750Ti. What I did was just uninstalling AMD drivers and installing nVidia ones.
    If you had problems according that, what they look like?

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Alex might be right. This is something I had happen to me once too when I was switching from AMD (I think it was still ATI at this time) to nVidia. I uninstalled ATI drivers and installed nVidia drivers. Things were working but performance was very poor. I didn't screw around with it for very long and took the route of a Windows re-install just like Alex said. Everything was fine after that.

It's several years ago now and I nearly forgot about it until I read his posting. It's really worth a try. Make sure to backup everything important before. Depending in how much stuff you did to configure your install it might take a while until you have everything up and running again.

4. Alex Wurst

Alex Wurst RaceRoom

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Problems could generally go from low performance on certain games up to the system not booting at all.
    This is why, for every update we do (even if its just upgrading RAM) we generally reinstall the PC for safety.

5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You could try completely wiping the AMD drivers with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

6. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Hm. I'm only getting ~50 fps with 27 enemies at Nordschleife 24h with my setup. Same for Falkenberg and some others as well.

I dont't think I've seen more than ~120 fps for any track, even with graphics on low.

The graphics settings have no impact on my fps, except when I set it really, really high and/or with lots of AA. So the CPU is obviously the bottleneck here.

Is this normal for an i5-4690k, or is something wrong with my setup?

7. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Are all your Nvidia control panel settings set to let the application decide and RRE 3D settings set to auto?
    My only other guess would be that Windows has a lot of update apps running. Add that to RRE, Crew Chief and voice recognition and you would be well over 8G of system ram. I've always assumed window 7 and 8 should alert you when all the RAM is used, but back in the old days it would just start swapping stuff from RAM to HDD and back, slowing stuff down.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018