Problem Major stuterring.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Tr3voRR, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Hello, since the update that came with the hillclimb pack, I have had constent stuterring... it acts like a constant major fps drop. I never had any issues before that, it always run smoothly at constant 60 fps (vsync on).

Doesn't matter the track, the car, solo, with ai, mp etc.

My settings are everything maxed out (just blur off). I have tried to take off stuff that are very demanding (like shadow, AA, etc) but it still does the same thing.

My specs (although I am sure it has nothing to do with specs) : i7 4790k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb ram and asus r9 290x 4gb, windows 7 64bit.

I am using 14.4 catalyst, because any newer catalyst gives me black screen on my computer (not link to the game, anything I do after windows 7 logo, it turns black screen).

I was also using 14.4 before the update I mention and everything was perfectly fine.

Really needs some help, I can't play the game since then.

2. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Does It act like a constant fps drop, or it is a constant fps drop?

3. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yeah my wording was wrong, it loses constantly fps, I even try the automatic lowest setting, the automatic suggestive setting and it does the same issue.

4. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Few things i would check/try:
    - Check if HDD led is active during fps drops, if yes, most probably the problem is not related to the game, check windows procedures and security software, probably something happens background
    - If Vsync is ON, try to turn it OFF
    - If you havce Crossfire system, Disabble Crossfire, when i have had crossfire config, R3e (and other softwares aswell) sometimes acted weird
    - Check VGA card temperature, dirty cooler can cause overheating, wich leads to performance drops

5. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I tried the Vsync on or off and it's the same.
    I have no issues with any of my other game (not hardware issue).
    Yes my hdd is working fine.
    I only have one gpu.

I am experiencing this only with this game, this happened with the update that came along with the hillclimb pack. It's an issue on their side. Everything works fine for me except with RR3 and it used to work flawlessly before that update.

I am pretty sad no devs tried to help out... I spend a lot of money on this game, I purchased 95% of the content and yet they can't even help me out... it's been almost two month since that said update I believe ! almost two month of having a none usable game.

6. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    Don't get frustrated man, this game is under development, so we are having issues all the times. It seems, this is not a major bug, so need time to figure out what went wrong. It still can be your system, but of course it can be RRE as well.
    This forum is mainly for the community, where we can try to help each other. If you would like to reach the developers directly, better to fill out a ticket ingame. I always got answer from the developers when i have had issues (sooner or later, but they replied, and tried to help me out).

2 more things what you can try (if you haven't tried yet....)
    - Check RRE file integrity in Steam
    - In your user folder there should be a My Games/Simbin Folder. Make a backup of it, than delete the Simbin folder and start the game (this folder contains all your settings, so you will have to setup everything again). Only setup your controller, don't touch any other options, and start a race. If it works ok, something was wrong in your settings, if nothing changed you can simply restore the Simbin folder from your backup.

7. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    Weird, last night game loads up fine, but when the rolling start of the race began everything was in super slow motion. Sound, graphics, but reactions to inputs seemed normal. I restarted the race, same thing. Restarted the computer and tried again, and I was back to normal.

Not the same issue as yours, but this never happened before and I only use my custom built PC for R3E. Figured I'd share in case it helps devs troubleshoot somehow.