Question Mandatory pit stop in GTR3 class

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by The Iron Wolf, Apr 21, 2016.

1. The Iron Wolf

The Iron Wolf Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    Hi!

What are the requirements for mandatory pit stop to count in GTR3 class race?

I am asking, because yesterday I've ran 1 hour race with mandatory pit stop and had confusing experience. I finished 10th, but after race results board displayed me in last position, with time switching between some negative value and 45 mins. I suspect I got disqualified or something. Also, even though I took mandatory pit stop, the overlay "Pit closing in...." had message "you must pit in this lap".

During pit stop I didn't change tires, just selected Fuel "Safe". BTW, what does "Safe" mean?
    Thanks!

2. Shenmue_X

Shenmue_X Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    I've also seen the "45 mins" bug yesterday. Another bug I got: "You must pit soon", I believe in 3 laps limit. But the pit closed one lap after.

3. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Hm, I guess in Mandatory Pit-Stop you must switch all Tires at least - but not sure on that.

Fuel "Safe" means, that you'll get more than enough fuel to finish the Race. Not sure what will happen in an endurance-Race when 1 Refueling wouldn't be enough - I guess it would fill the max amount of petrol than...

4. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like you witnessed a bug. Do you recall seeing DNF or DQ messages?

As for refueling: Safe strategy means it will put more fuel into tank to ensure that you will definitely finish the race. By playing it safe you won't run out of fuel for sure, but as a compromise you will be slower because of the extra fuel in your tank.

5. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Long before i had the same issue, it turns out you have to change tyres (flip) to count as pit stop. Not fueling.

fuel "safe" means you will carry enough fuel for the race.

I might be wrong but AFAIK you must do something with the tyre to count as pit stop.

Ninja'd!!!!! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I did not see DNF/DQ messages. In fact, I saw final standings that make no sense many times in past, but I didn't even bother to report, because I don't know how exactly to reproduce that. I usually race 1hr or 170km races with 18 or 23 AI depending on series.

I had more than enough fuel to finish the race, but chose "safe", because unless I choose something, I can't "confirm pit actions". Despite me having enough fuel, some was added :) to be safe :)

EDIT: I run with all HUD off, so maybe DQ/DNF was displayed, I just didn't see it with my settings? I do believe messages like that are displayed despite HUD off. My race wasn't stopped or anything, I was gaining positions etc. The weird thing is that I saw message below "pit window closing", as I said earlier.

7. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Yes since the patch the crucial warning will appear even if you disable TV overlays.

Were the laptimes in final standings something similar to -1.59.59.999?

8. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Will this be changed soon?
    I find huds and pop ups hugely immersion breaking, and I don't want any of it showing if I have overlays off!.. .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    I am not 100% positive, but I believe so. Timing next to my name would alternate between -1.59...... and 0.45.

A side note, please allow to disable some of info displayed with HUD off in cockpit in upcoming patch. DRS message is biggest offender, but even cut track warnings etc. Crew Chief notifies you of those, and seeing obvious info harms immersion badly, and distracts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    +1
    I don't even understand why the DRS messages was implemented in the first place, we both hear the beep and see it activated on the Lcd display in cockpit!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    They probably are done for people who drive outside of cockpit. But it definitely should not be displayed in cockpit or, at least be optional. I completely agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. The Iron Wolf

Ratings:
    +130 / 0 / -0
    In fact, it would be cheap fix, but great step forward in immersion to allow disabling other messages on off while in cockpit. We are not yet at the time when drivers drive with Hololens/Google glass or F-35 helmets. Hence, any information coming from HUD is unrealistic.

• Agree Agree x 1