Released Mantorp Park

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jan 12, 2017.

1. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    +1
    IMO that's one of the strengths of AMS.
    Weird Brazilian tracks you've never heard of (unless you happen to be Brazilian), that you subsequently have to learn.
    Granted, yes eventually a game needs some of the bigger tracks, especially if you want to run something faster than the TTs.
    But every once in a while, it's nice that new content is actually......well, new.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Andy Blade

Andy Blade Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Just cos you can see them does not mean they are ready , but Soon™

3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    That's true. It seems to be a transitional time for racing games, with PCars, Assetto, RRE and others working or moving on to the next projects, which we'll start seeing by the end of this year- PCars 2, a Forza for PC, Dirt 4 if you're into that, etc.

5. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
  6. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Resources being bound to GTR3 instead to R3E. While it was said it wouldn't be like that, it was also said SimBin will get all the support they need, i.e. resources being withdrawn from us trusty R3E users.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    From the GTR3 interview over at RD:

RD: Will Sector3 and Simbin utilize shared resources across the both GTR3 and RaceRoom?

CS: We will certainly try, we have our stuff we need to do with RaceRoom and Allan has his stuff he needs to do with Simbin. Of course people like Anthony with the sounds will be a shared resource and if anything we can support Allan with in terms of physics and car handling we will look to do that if we can, but there isn't much else we can offer as our resources are tight and obviously Allan probably has much more of a chance to get someone in to do these things. Just like sharing assets, we'll try to share resources where practical.

So that's one thing I'm not really worried about any more.

8. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    100% my thoughts. The only hope with regard to the new GTR3 project, is that we are get more track licenses of famous race tracks like Le Mans, Imola, Daytona, Road Atlanta, …

9. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You have already got three new tracks, Silverstone, Stowe and Gelleråsen. VR support. Manual pit stops. First implementations of new data displays. New Formula RR and BMW M6. Improved AI, etc, etc, and it's only march!
    Over that two new Swedish tracks soon to be ready, more GT3 cars and features on the way.. .
    I actually don't see how you can be worried at this point.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    If GTR3 focusses on GT3 races most of these tracks are unlikely, as they host GTE and GTE-LM series. GT3 plays no role (Le Mans) or just a minor role there.

11. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Because you probably have more background information than we do ;) What I personally miss, is a statement that R3E is still committed to the GT3 class even after GTR3 by SimBin. Yes there are several cars in the pipeline, but it is silent around them, for a while. No problem, if they really come towards us, but will they? Or will they be re-routed to GTR3 instead? Or will they be halted so they appear in GTR3 first to have a selling point over there? Yes this might be far fetched, but these are the fears I for one have. And so far there has been no official statement that would take these fears away :/ (or I missed it ;) )

12. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Not sure if that was meant for me, but I'm not worried.
    Actually stated so at the bottom of the post. :D

13. heppsan

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    You just got one of them, and the rest is shown in preview posts.
    And I also think I saw JF show a pic of the current state of the Callaway some week ago in a post. ;)

Missed that, sorry..:oops::)

14. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    Don Rudi, I think GTR3 won't be necessarily centered around GT3 (correct me if I'm wrong), and I also think you don't have to fear any resources or emphasis taken from RRE's GT3 gameplay. That's one fear you can scratch off I think :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  15. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hm, if this will come true, i want to know why i have payed 150 EUR + for an Beta....

16. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    We got something in return, didn't we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    The Paranoia is strong in this thread

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Wise young Padawan is :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  19. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0

Mantorp Park is now available ➤http://bit.ly/RR_Mantorp_Park

Located in central Sweden, Mantorp Park opened the doors in 1962 and has remained a fun stop for many Scandinavian racing series since then. The track is short, twisty and intense and is known as a real rollercoaster for the drivers. Several turns are blind and demand both track knowledge and confidence to hit correct. Any mistake and a visit to the unforgiving armco is a near certainty, so don't start pushing the limits until you understand the lines.

• Like Like x 14
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0