Released March update - Zhuhai has been released

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2018.

1. Jusek

Jusek Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Imagine the new RSR with Raceroom's quality engine sounds. :hearteyes:

2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    After 3 months we don't even have a second skin for the Cayman. I stopped dreaming about GTE...

3. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0

game breaking bug on mantorp, u cant fly over the barrier!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    In a more serious note. This is actually quite annoying cause you can't move the camera through the invisible walls. if you want to do some sexy artistic shots ingame ... well you can't.

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Even with free camera (or something with similar name, don't remember, sorry)? (buttons that you need to assign in secondary controller)

6. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Yes i noticed it with the flying camera thingy, first time i noticed was in zolder that has the back straight right next to the main straight and you have to "go around". It has a invisible wall there.

Edit: Caught on camera invisble walls #scandal
    This one is on norisring. Same thing in zolder. Also at the 1 min mark it bugged out.

Also i dont excpect this to change lol its just since you mentioned it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    @FeltHλt re your mini map report, sadly none of our VR users was able to reproduce that issue and the log files also didn't hint at sth going wrong.

Could it be that you accidentally hit the hotkey for toggling the mini map on/off? On an English keyboard layout the default key for that would be the - key, but you can also bind it to any key you like:
    2018-03-22 1634 0001.jpg
    Maybe check if it is bound already and in case it isn't, try assigning it to any key you're sure you won't be needing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    not the case, the keyboard wasnt even close to the wheel when i was using it, i also tried mini map off/on key during practice and it sometimes helped when map wasnt showing but didnt prevent it entirely. From better news, recently i drove bmw on mantorp and didnt had that problem so maybe it was unintentionally fixed or it was combo specific issue. I also had this problem of dissapearing hud while entering pit but gotta check out if thats still the case. Thanks for all your hard work

9. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, maybe it was a combination of several things interacting in a weird way and it got fixed by now. But if you come across disappearing HUD elements again, feel free to contact me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  10. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    I'm a bit bummed here, no bb internet in the house. I use the phone as a hotspot. It's going to take 4 more days for the program to dl it's going to be a long wait lol. Hopefully for me anyway, there are no new updates.

11. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    gave my sunday combination a spin (gt3 on mantorp long) and couldnt replicate my disappearing hud while entering pit bug with 5-6 tries, cant say for sure but it might be gone too (this one lived way too long, way longer than flickering map one). Praise the Sun!

• Like Like x 1
  12. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Did a first GT3rollout at Zuhai (very limited time for simracing atm) and knowing it from GTR2 I quickly found my line. Very nice work while I find it easier to get around than with GTR2 that time.
    As for the AI you should have a look at last turn before Start/Finish cause it is losing a lot of momentum there (which is not entirely wrong cause that might happen to you too if you miss the apex just a little) but the AI's loss is a bit too much (even if I miss the turn slightly, I`'m able to outrun the AI Opponent who did the same before me....)
    As for boring or unnerving tracks, there is a bunch of tracks that come way before Zuhai : Monza for example to name a prominent one, or the Tilke Staircase Sepang which has absolutely no flow at all (ok maybe the strangest "flow" I've ever experienced). Lausitzring is another one I mastered but I only race when I must (leaguewise)....Chang well, yeah, it has its parts but generally its not that attractive...
    But apart from that what I often see is, that many tend stick to the tracks they know (and which you'll find on the majority of Sims nowadays).. so the average simmer doesn't seem to be an adventurous one, sadly.
    It always takes time to get a track perfectly memorized and checked out to its last little grass stalk but it might be very rewarding in terms of truely discovering it - so don't be so lazy and convenient, folks :D

13. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    also it might be worth mentioning, often my map flickered according to angle of my head in vr, eg. i look left (where it is) and it disappears, i look right and it appears again

14. Reti

Reti New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Thx for release
    track is easy to learn, but hard to master.
    Again s3 did a great job for us.
    THX