Problem Massive FPS Drops

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by kL1ck, May 14, 2018.

1. kL1ck

kL1ck Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    only multplayer , every track and every class

2. milewski.lukasz

milewski.lukasz Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Fanatec wheel.
    Stutter back again yesterday :(
    Hope June patch comes and fixes it.

3. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi all,

I've had an issue with fps for the last month. I think it's since the last update. The game is unplayable. I have a DFGT, i5 4960, r9 280x, and Rift.

The game was working fine before.

Log files below. Let me know if you need anything else.

Attached Files:

4. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried that thing with deleting the old controller-Profile and start with a new one?

5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    before it went wrong , were you using any different drivers /gpu/wheel etc

Andi

6. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the quick replies!

@m.bohlken where to delete it from? used to be an option in game(little trash can) can't see it now. Went to My Documents folder, deleted one file there, but the profile with all the settings was still present in the game.

@Andi Goodwin No. These pieces of hardware haven't had updates for a while. After this happened, I actually did find an update for the GPU, but no change.

7. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Quick update,

I have deleted the controller profile, but there is no change.

Any ideas?

8. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Similar issue here...

- Thrustmaster TX + SHH 7R Shifter
    - Drive for approximately 10 minutes in any mode/car/track

Game works fine for about 10 minutes into any session, and then starts stuttering massively. Even the FFB meter shows that the data points are less frequent. Getting out and back into a session doesn't help, only restarting the game completely.

2018-07-01 1508 0001.jpg

When it happens, the performance.log is full of this message:
    Framerate is reported a constant 75fps, no CPU or GPU bottleneck. Specs are in my signature.

Tried deleting all user data, controller profiles, verifying game files, nothing helped. Makes the game unplayable for me.

Any ideas??? :(

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  9. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Fresh install, all default values, DFGT wheel...only get the frame drop/stuttering on Nords VLN and 24 Hour....and not all cars so far ( ADAC 2015 was OK?)
    Choosing Practise mode, 20 cars. Game loads to pit, but once I start moving it's a slide show.
    Same car on another track OK.

Attached Files:

10. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    If i lower the AI numbers to less than 16 on VLN or 24Hour , it still runs OK. My old rig just can't handle the long versions of the track. Over that, the slide show starts.
    Not an RRE problem for me, just old tired hardware, like the driver.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  11. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Wow, this just recent? I just started running R3 again (free version), and noticed the same thing (I posted my issue in the OpenVR thread). Has there been a solution? Where do you get these logs, and where are the personal controller settings stored?

12. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Exactly the same issue as @PicoBp is describing (including the delta time messages), been having it for quite some time now.

Interesting thing is it only affects single player for me. I can race in multiplayer for however long I want and have no issues. But as soon as I enter anything single player related events, this is what I get.

Edit: This was always with the default 64bit version of the game. Tried running 32bit now...and was able to finish a 20 minute race without problems.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  13. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another update.

Upgraded to Vega 56 (thank god for market fluctuations). Seems the drop in FPS is better, but still unplayable.

Anyone who plays with VR knows the loading screen plays at 5fps(IIRC). Before the upgrade, it seemed as if the game was stuck at that FPS. Now it's clearly a bit higher, but not by much.

Attached Files:

14. iHandle

iHandle New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    sooo.... I had multi-sampling at 13 instead of 1.3

I know, I know. If anyone has actually worked on this, I apologize. I have checked this before, but this time, I took a closer look at the screen.

I apologize again, and thank everyone who tried to help.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    Can happen. We're (luckily) only human

16. OMM

OMM New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have the same problem as @Case and @PicoBp
    After a few minuts playing, the stuttering massive start and I have to restart the game, because I don't solve the problem if I restart the race or session.
    It's courious, because a few days ago, I did 3 short races with any problem, sometimes I had the problem with the first race, after was good, and today I had the problem in every race, thus the stuttering appears randomly.

17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Was there any info regarding the differences bet. v32 and v64?

18. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Its 15 and really annoying ! Why have they chosen this low framerate for the load screen?

As for the stutter , i haven't had that bad 5 fps stutter for the last few plays but now i have a messy framerate with constant single frame drops causing a rough feel !
    I have chosen to max the game but force ASW On to 45 but it drops to 44 every other second ! If I unlock ASW to Off , frame rate will sit around 70 so it should still be fine to lock to 45 without the drops to 44 !

19. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +104 / 0 / -0
    Well, tonight, for the first time, the issue I mentioned manifested for me in multiplayer, forcing me to quit qualification and hurriedly switch to 32bit before the session turns over to warmup. No issues after that, thankfully. And a few days ago, there was someone racing with us complaining about stutter after a few minutes of racing in practice, and even for him did the switch to 32bit fix it.

BTW I'm on up-to-date Win 10 Pro and nVidia drivers with GTX 970. Not sure about what the other guy was using.

I'm not sure what you're asking me.

20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Well I'm going back to 32bit tonight !