Problem Massive stuttering in Spa after 4thFeb update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by nolive721, Feb 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Hello

My Rig spec in the signature, upper Mid end system CPU and GPU wise.

Running on Triple screen in Eyefinity with Freesync at 75Hz, had a great butter smooth simracing experience until yesterday when I updated RRE.

I found out this happening happening mainly at Spa either on the straight in front of pitstops, after the Raidillon (see pic) and some tight corners

I cant recall I had this before on this particular track. funny bit is that both CPU and GPU usage dont go through the roof when it happens so I am a bit puzzled at what is the cause here.

any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I noticed those stutters too. FPS were in the 100 range, both CPU and GPU were not at full oad but it felt pretty rough. After deactivating the time multiplier the jerkiness was gone. No more micro stutters.

3. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Thanks but it was at 0 already

I spent 2hrs troubleshooting ladt night with no sucess
    There are some portions of the track where it happens continuously as i mentioned
    I didnt drive much at Spa before the update because i do a lot in other sims so can it be that this track is not well optimized in RRE?

Will run other tracks tonight to compare to Spa behavior but right now i am really puzzled at what is the root cause
    Deleted the graphics settings folder
    Reinstalled AMD drivers
    Vsync ON always
    FREESYNC ON always
    Changed refresh rate from 75 to 60hz
    Use fps limiter in rivatuner
    Change cou threads affinity on WEBRRE process

Slight improvement when i run at 69hz but still stuttering enough to put me off

4. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I found poor performance at Spa even before the update

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Somehow Spa is always FPS Hungry. Not only in R3E.

6. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Ok that is interesting about SPA being a challenging track in RRE and I also reckon it is on other Sims I am running (PCARS2, ACC)

but my problem in RRE is more bad frametimes than low fps.My fps never go below or above my freesync monitors range (48-75Hz) because my GPU can easily drive this game and I have FPS limiter set at 72fps, whereas frametimes graph is all over the place in some sections of the tracks

I have VSYNC ON in AMD drivers and in Game as well so really everything to maintain a butter smooth experience I believe, also considering my CPU and RAM are OCed as you can see in my signature

Maybe Triple screen set-up influencing this issue,I need to verify that influence as well

I know I have updated my AMD drivers recently as well but I dont seem to have issues in other games although didn't have much time to run anything else than RRE in the last week or so,I will try to do more troubleshooting tonight as RRE with another couple of tracks, and SPA in PCASR2 and ACC

I need to find what is causing this, one way or the other

7. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    I got the game crashing on me twice last night. 1st time it happens ever so obviously something is going on
    I noticed these microstutters on the other track i tested the portmao circuit in portugal so not only spa related although they were less pronounced

Sincw its the 1st time, how do we send game crash dumos to devs in RRE?

8. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am not sure if this is effective but sometimes clearing download catche in steam helps with the game loading and other things. Don't ask me how and why cuz I dont know.

in addition, check game integrity as well

9. Andy0340

Andy0340 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I've had to stop using rivatuner since the December update with raceroom , could be wrong but think there might be a compatibility issue . Was having the same problems as you on various tracks . Also maybe just use vsync and not free sync / frame cap .
    Hope this helps .

• Like Like x 1
  10. nolive721

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    thanks guys. I have found one culprit.

after i updated my AMD drivers from Adrenalin 2019 to 2020, it looks like it didnt apply my UV and OC profiles correctly and especially the power limit was stuck at 0%.

VEGA is power hungry and I found also doing tweaking its a limiting factor in terms of frame rate and frametimes. I raised the Power limit to +50% and the game is much smoother

i also tried to play without Rivatuner ON and the feeling and perception of remaining stuttering is less so I am going leave it there for now.

Yet the SPA track is the worse I tested

thanks again and sorry to devs if I blamed the Feb update a bit too much here