News May 2021 - Dev Notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 14, 2021.

1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    The FFB has been improved since 2019. For some it was the best, for others was the worse. Sure its subjective. One thing must be noted here.... It also depends on what wheel you are using. For example DD will feel completely different from the consumer wheels etc... in addition, most DD users would fiddle with rcs file and adjust values that are not present in UI menu. The new coming FFB update will be interesting to see how it works?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    To me it was bringing steering rack from default 30% to actually 0 on my TS PC wheel that was the game changer at Dec2020 update

And the FFB bidding key they brought few months ago so you could adjust on the fly

3. Edmund de Beer

Edmund de Beer New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree wholeheartedly. I still use my much-loved Fanatec CSR wheel and the current FFB suits me very well. If other sims are anything to go by, changes to the FFB to improve things for the DD users has worsened it for me. I really hope it is not the case here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    I'm really looking forward to trying the new FFB. Not that the current & old versions were bad, just that the ffb-character could be pretty linear across the range of vehicles. I think it was pretty adaptable to preference given the settings S3 provided us for tuning.

As always, FFB preference is very subjective but, we've never had better access to amazing hardware and it's great that S3 continues to evolve RaceRoom they way they are.:)

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Rednose58

Rednose58 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    1. For triple screen support in the new UI: Do we now drop the "-trscr xx yy zz....." in the Steam startup command and then do the setup in game?
    2. Is the new UI now the default, or do we still have to run the -webmenu command?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chip

Chip New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did the update drop?

7. Yuval Rosen

Yuval Rosen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    YES

8. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    It did.

There's a notable difference. I'm trying to get my CSR dialed in, but this wheel is really feeling like it's not up to the task of dealing with the new FFB settings. It's much too soft for my liking.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0

I have a CSR and this are my current settings ingame:

[​IMG]

And on the wheel:

SEN Off, FF 100, DRI 4, SPR Off, DPR 0

• Like Like x 1
  10. Edmund de Beer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh dear ... my biggest fear! I will have to give it a go tonight.

11. Edmund de Beer

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :)

12. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I am going to try this when I get more time to play with the settings. Hopefully that'll fix the wheel.

I'm starting to think it depends on what car I run though. I tried the FR90 V12, and the FFB wasn't too impressive, but then I tried the 2020 Audi DTM, and was amazed at how good the car felt. I must have set something wrong. I can't share my settings at the moment because I am away from my rig.

Don't worry. There's an extremely good chance that I messed up with the settings.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    May just be a case that you need to tweak the car ffb multiplier. Can really bring a car alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rednose58

Rednose58 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Reply to myself for those who are interested.....:
    1. It is not required to enter the "-triscr ......" command in the steam startup command. You pick your resolution and screen settings after you started the game. I'm happy. The screen setup works very well.

2. The new UI is default. You don't have to enter "-webmenu" in the startup command anymore.

• Like Like x 4
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes self-talk is very productive.;)

16. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I used your settings last night. It made a huge difference. The wheel feels quick and the FFB barely clips. I didn't see any red plateaus when I ran an Audi P1 and the 2014 Civic WTCC. I'll try more cars and do a few races against the Ai (thats what I mostly do). I did lower the drift setting from 4 to 2. The wheel was a bit too happy to turn. I like it so far, thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. Kondor999

Kondor999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I just wanted to say the FFB went from being the worst of all my sims to THE ABSOLUTE BEST I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

I recommend doing a clean install. After that, the FFB is perfect. Better than rF2 and I never thought I'd say that. Fantastic work by the devs. Raceroom was always my favorite racing sim, but for a long time now I was unable to enjoy it due to the FFB.

I am so excited to have Raceroom back in my life!

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Emanuele Marra

Emanuele Marra New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    when will the new formula come out? when do ranked leagues start?

19. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Not trying to come off rude, but more monthly dev notes would be great.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  20. Emanuele Marra

Emanuele Marra New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    when will the new formula come out? when do ranked leagues start?
    nothing has been known since May. the sim has improved a lot in recent years but it would be nice to be updated more frequently on what could happen. a couple of things are missing and it could be one of the best sims: cycle day and night, driver change (consequently endurance ranked races).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1