Released McLaren 650S GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Mar 24, 2016.

1. wad53

wad53 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    My situation seems a little different:
    McLaren 650 single car (one skin) = 399 vrp
    Within GTR3 Pack = 198 vrp - BUT I can't buy the GTR3 Pack since I already own it. No GTR3 "Upgrade" is available.
    Starter Pack 566 vrp - I don't want all the others in that pack, AND, if I already owned the Starter pack, I wouldn't be able to "upgrade" it.
    McLaren 650 pack (all skins) = 719 vrp.

I suspect much of the arguing is caused by the inconsistency around discounts for already owned items. In many cases you get recognition for cars already owned within some packs, but in other cases like this one, the discounts aren't available if you already purchased packs previously.
    In my case, if I had been able to "upgrade" my GTR3 pack, I would have picked it up. Since I can't, I'll give the McLaren a miss, I can still run the older McLaren. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    rather than weed thru this whole thread ,I purchased the mclaren and the liveries pack.. went to race it and there are still 5 liveries I don't own. I was under the impression I was buying ALL of them.

3. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    I just purchased it without being able to endure it:D
    Sector 3 is good at business:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    The way things are going with the prices, I would rather have just a "volume discount" like in iRacing, so everyone has the same savings options and also cuz you will be able to get only what you like, because now some pay less, some pay moreo_O.

Well, I was waiting for this car, but the way things turned out I'm really out for this one and maybe for future ones.

Long Live Nissan GTR GT3!!:cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    S3 and Raceroom will never understand this: The current business model is unfair for long time users while business model really lacks transparency or even consistency due to heavily jacked up prices after owning the packs. What happens to the discounts that were talked about ages ago for long time users?

Since packs can't be rebuy, how long do I need to wait to drive this wonderful new GT3s in R3E with the best value for money? I don't even dare to buy them now, in case I get the short end of the stick over another unwritten store policy changes sometime down the line. I can afford the content but I do not feel like there is a reasonable value of money with the game's content.

A solution to these rebuy packs would be, why can't we have a separate pack for the GTR3 that consist of the 5 new generation GTR3? Similar to how WTCC, DTM and so on have for some time? Heck, even an Open Wheel pack with FR2, Tatuus, Indy, Xbow and so on would be pretty decent.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Supermini

Supermini Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Two months: summer sale. Not defending RaceRoom AG's business model, but that's just the reality right now. I'll be satisfied to get it in the summer for 25% off or whatever it ends up being.

I just bought both the Starter Pack and the Pro Pack during the Easter sale too, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Info on "how many times a pack can be re bought" (before buying) /"re-purchases left for owner of said pack" (after buying) would be very welcome.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Then, the concern comes again with changes to sales and so on, like the last Easter sale only have Starter, Pro and Premium packs on sale. How would we know that we will get a store wide sale like last year?

R3E is really consistent in terms of quality of the game with constant improvements on almost all fronts. With exceptions to the business model had been an annoyance to deal with since day 1. This game has so much potential compared to many games in the market, the business model had always been the sticking point that turned off a lot of people.

9. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Can you finally go in one of the Pricing-Threads and start talking about the car again here?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Just buy vrp in the raceroom SHOP. You get a decent discount that way before you even buy the actual content. That way we can all go back to talking about what we are actually here for :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    The current business model is awful, I think we need to raise this to S3 and RR in order for them to do something about it.

If all these business model rantings keep appearing in threads, something's not right that requires work to alleviate it. Not ignore the problem. At the end, happy customers are the ones keep coming back, not unhappy customers.

It does not make any sense for me to pay $7 for the new Mclaren+ liveries when I pay about $8 for the updated WTCC16+liveries. Something needs to be done, even some communication from S3 is much appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    @nate @sbtm the arguments that you can get the wtcc16 for 4€ and the 650s for 1,03€ are true for now if you have all content already.
    But that arguement lacks the fact, that you can buy the packs only one time.
    With wtcc17 and the next GTR3 car, there is no new option to get ist cheaper - ok, maybe the next gtr3-car will appear in the pro-pack. Then you can get that one.
    But if not you have to pay 7,18€ for the GTR3-car while a new player pays 20€ for all available GTR3-cars.
    In case of the GTR3-cars that means that you pay more for the upcomming three gt3s (R8, amg gt3, corvette) than a new player for all gt3 cars.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It wasn't an argument from me, i just said that i got it for 1,03€ ... I'm aware that the next gt3 releases will cost more. But that doesn't bother me.

14. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I don't care about cost, this is my hobby and this sim hits the sweet spot both in terms of software and hardware. A pint of Guinness over here in Belfast costs more than the cars. I've deleted all my other sims because this one is the one want to spend the rest of my life with!!! You can moan away but you're still going to buy it, you know you are so smile, enjoy and race!!!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. matteman

matteman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    I forgot how much it cost, very "Soon" after i drove it. This car is awesome to drive. Thanks S3.:)

• Like Like x 4
  16. coolcool

coolcool Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +163 / 0 / -0
    It takes months to develop 650S
    But We can buy 650S of R3E with an amount of money of one cup of coffee
    In addition gasoline cost, tire charges are not it in must use
    Let's buy it now;)

• Like Like x 2
  17. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95 / 0 / -0
    was going to cost me about 10 aussie dollars just to buy the mclaren and the liveries but noticed i could purchase the starter pack for 1.10 usd or about 1.70 aussie dollars with the mclaren. Which way do you think i went?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Cheeseman

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Essentially, you better off opening a new Steam account with a Premium pack than keeping your multiple-year-old account as you get a better value with new account compared to old one. You get punished for being loyal to the game as you start to pay more and more as you own more packs.

You do not have to get the skins, but then, personally, I tend to use pretty much all the skins because I like variety. Hence, I get another short end of the stick for being loyal to the game.

Meanwhile, another competitor just bundle the same 650S into a DLC along with a handful of other cars for roughly the same price.

Not to mention, the 650S GT3 is a digital product, I am not getting any physical product in any form. This is just price gouging as new players can get it at a fraction of the price tag.

The Starter Pack can only be bought once, so if they changed the pack's content in the future, you can never buy the pack again at the rock bottom price tag. Instead, you pay $7 for the car that you want if not $3. Provided you want all the liveries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    While I understand and in some aspects agree with the points being made against the current system (would love to see a loyalty scheme of sorts), I always wonder how many people are out there who are alright with the way it is.
    We have this same debate here pretty much every time sth gets released, yes, but the number of people who do complain doesn't seem overwhelming. And as long as the majority of users go along with it, the system does work from a distributers pov. Not trying to belittle some sentiments voiced here, but if there's 20 people complaining and a couple thousands are ok with it, there's no real need to change things.

The thing is we don't really see the other side, cause most people who are content/ok with the pricing won't come here just to say that they are. But the fact that the sales model and/or pricing hasn't been changed fundamentally (which they easily could) is somewhat of an indicator that it does work out for them after all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I've had 123 days in the Sim, which equates to roughly a couple squid a day, not sure I know of any other pastime, so much pleasure (Agony) can be gained from such little outlay.
    If I was sad and was an Angler, daily bait would cost way more, not to mention licenses etc (plus waste of life).
    Football fan, Tickets, Travel etc (I'd get thumped for sure).
    Gym Bunny, don't even go there, health is a rich mans sport!
    I honestly can't think of a cheaper way to waste one's life with a modicum of accomplishment, whilst making new friends and rivals, yeah, it's been a bumpy ride, wheels have dropped off a couple times and things aren't perfect but I would much rather be a part of something that can evolve, improve and stay contemporary, rather than making a one off payment for a product that is as it is.
    Be a real bummer if you paid your £3 for the 650 and that's all you got but it's not, that £3 goes towards flags, track improvements, tyre compounds, physic updates, division system, servers.....................................................................................
    I have nearly as much invested in iracing and I'm barred from using any of it unless I pay the ransom!
    All the other Sims are severely lacking in one department or other, some more than others, I do have them all and spend time in them all (Single, Retired and extremely happy) but for online racing (wheel to wheel), which is my prefered discipline I find there is no match, add the official series available, great tracks, banging sounds and above all bright future, I really don't get all the Boo Hooing over pricing, it is what it is and has been from the beginning.
    Those who refuse to buy content are well within their rights to do so, just hope that they feel a pang of guilt, it's the rest of us who do support the Sim that are paying to keep their leagues and MP experience going for them! ;)
    The more you use it the cheaper it gets, simple, so I'm off for a drive in my newly acquired McLaren 650, saving money all the way!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1