Medium compound tyres are Needed for Fr90's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stickdeath1980, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    As title say's above.
    So we do weekly race's for 45min,
    Normal fuel and tyre wear are on
    so after about 5 or so lap's Soft's at about 70%ish at 27/25min The car become's so unstable pretty much slide's each corner.
    Hard Tyre's take a bit to wear in i get it but you lose 2/3 seconds off the pace losing ground
    Just thought Medium's would be with these car's as i've tryed looking for more information but the tyre wear is a bit nuts,But i get it would be nice to have 3 sets instead of 2 :D thanks for reading

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Sound like pitting for new softs would be the ideal solution?? Given that they go off half way through the race it would seem perfect. Bit of strategy involved, dive for pits or stay out an extra lap etc.

Or try hards with 2x tyre wear?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, it seems like there is too much gap between softs and hard compound. Hard tires don't seem to make sense since, in my case, it was always better to take less fuel and soft tires than to take more load and hard ones.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    If you are trying to simulate as accurately to period as possible there was no refuelling in this era anyway.

Not tried it but how do pitstops work on this car? Are fuel and tyres done simultaneously allowing for a short stop? Ie <10s

5. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Yeah Fuel and Tyres take 6sec's
    Also pitting again for softs just got chewed though would be great to have a few options for Tyres :D and also tyre wear was normal guess v8's love tyres lol

6. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    There is the problem that if you deliver a perfect tyre then that is all everyone uses.
    The fact that you are in turmoil over your tyre choice already makes the racing sound more exciting, have you thought about adapting your driving or setup to preserve your tyres a bit in the early part of the race, this of course aids with your last stint by saving more rubber for the final dash to the line. It sounds like your competitors are opting for the softs, so what do they have over you, either a better setup or a more tyre friendly driving style.
    I've found the V8 to be very good with its tyre wear, especially the rears.