Bug Menu buttons misaligned in VR (WMR)

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by clevername, Jan 9, 2019.

1. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I'm up and running in WMR, and I'm having a blast. But, when navigating any menu, I am finding that the buttons are entirely misaligned. Many times I have to figure out where to click in blank space near (but not on the buttons) the menu. Is anyone else having this problem, is this a bug that hasn't been fixed, or is there something I can do to correct the issue.

2. Tex-Rec

Tex-Rec Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Ove notice this a fev times too , but only when im using the game to run @ 4K , even the menu then or some part of it starting slightly to blink and disaper and then comming back , but again only when im in 4K rezolution. Full HD works fine.

3. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    You made a setup in steamvr I think. There you have put supersampling per app based to another value than 100 percent.
    Seems that R3E can't handle this.

You can set the SS value for overall, then it should work.

4. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    @FormelLMS, thanks. At your suggestion, I made sure SS is at 100% in the app setting and when that didn't help, I set SS at 100% globally/manually. I also tried various other SS values as well. I have a pretty strong system, so SteamVR is actually recommending I set the value at 200%. I tried that too, as well as various between 100-200%. All my my menu buttons are still misaligned. It is nearly impossible to select certain options, and some "button" clicks are 1-2 inches away from the visible button on screen.

Interestingly, once I am driving, the car and the world look fine. However all in-game displays such as "continue" (to begin the race), the position bar, race results, etc are so tiny and distant (look like they are 100 feet away) that I can barely read them.

5. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Your per app setting of Raceroom is now 100 percent in SteamVR and you have misaligned buttons?

6. clevername

clevername Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    *problem solved* -- I wanted to reply back so that I may be able to help others who may experience this issue. I had been running my triple screen monitors being driven by a 1080ti in surround/span mode. I switched to three individual monitors (extended), allowing me to set them to 1080p (not available in R3E in surround mode), which fixed the menu issue in VR. Buttons and mouse clicks now operate as expected.

• Informative Informative x 1