Problem Menu issue

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by jimortality, Apr 28, 2016.

1. jimortality

jimortality Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I'm not sure If it's my Thrustmaster TX wheel or the game but just lately, I will be driving in cockpit view and it will go to bonnet view without me doing anything. Also, in the menu, my right shift paddle acts as a back/escape button yet nothing is assigned to the paddle as I'd be using my seq shifter. Has anyone else had this or similar happen? I've started a new controller profile but it still does it just on this game. Cheers

2. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
  3. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, but what do you mean by virtual controller? I've got my TX and TH8 shifter plus keyboard and mouse. Cheers I've got a Nvidia 3D vision controller driver installed is that what you meant?

4. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Sorry I just meant more in general. Sometimes certain things install fake controller drivers to emulate some things which can clash with actual controllers.

3D vision controllers shouldn't be relevant in this case.

Did you get the latest driver by the way?

5. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Yes I did thanks but that maybe the problem as I know it's affected people playing Rfactor 2 so maybe there is something else in the latest driver that is not quite right for RRE? Cheers

6. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Talking to some other TX owners, they too have the right paddle that acts as a back button in the menu. Is this supposed to do that?

7. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    The exact same thing happened to me with my T500 last week, just that one time so far though.

The weird thing is that this (the switching from cockpit to bonnet view for no apparent reason) used to happen quite often in GTR2 back in the days when I was on WindowsXP, with a G25...go figure :confused:

8. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    The view as been fine all night so I don't really know about that. Strange thing sometimes is technology lol

9. Sascha Reynders

Sascha Reynders Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    Yep

10. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Jimortality can I get you to attach your game logs here?

11. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    You can, is it easy to do? Cheers

12. Sonat Ozturk

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Yes, the logs are in your R3E user folder found in Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log

you should see game logs with timestamps. Please send the one from the time period this issue occurred (so it's in the logs).

13. jimortality

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I can't remember the exact date and time so I've zipped all of them. Hope it works lol. Also, are we talking about the view changing issue or the right paddle back button issue? Cheers

Attached Files:

• Log.zip
      File size:
      712.8 KB
      Views: