Released Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    In case you meant me by that, we (especially we Germans) tend to say "good reasons" (und meinen eher "gute Gründe", also rechtfertigbare, nachvollziehbare, nicht unbedingt positiv-gut) but those reasons can be of a good/positive or a bad/negative nature. Nevertheless they are solid, as in reasonable, understandable, justifiable. Hence me preferring that term.

2. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Nö, ich meinte den anderen Herren, der meinte alle "whiner" maßregeln zu müssen.

3. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Wenn ich "gute Gründe", also rechtfertigbare, nachvollziehbare, nicht unbedingt positiv-gute habe, um gewisse Dinge nicht zu veröffentlichen, dann halte ich halt auch mein Maul und hau nicht raus wie weit wir doch schon sind, ober das es "bald" kommt.

Sorry, aber so machst dich doch nur lächerlich und als "Kunde" kommt man sich gelinde gesagt verascht vor, wenn man vor 3 oder 4 Monaten liest, das nur noch texturiert wird. So ein bisschen Einblick habe ich in die ganze Thematik schon auch.

Seis drum, müssen die wissen, wie sie sich nach außen hin präsentieren. Professionell allerdings sieht das nicht wirklich aus.

Aber gut. Es gibt immer auch was Gutes an solchen Geschichten. Ohne S3 hätte ich im Leben nicht mehr AC gestartet. Zum Glück habe ich es. Hatte eben ein wirklich außergewöhnliches Offlinerennen. Danke S3.

4. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    But back to the solid reasons - my assumption is (and has been since the dev stream), that GT3 cars will be shifted to SimBin's GTR3, while R3E will turn into the home of touring cars (and open wheelers *sigh*). Would make perfect sense - why should a Raceroom user buy GTR3, if he had the same cars in Raceroom already?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Ohh boy, I guess the tinfoil hat is back in vogue..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure that's not the case at all. However I am a little apprehensive about the GTR3 development and how it will co-exist with, yet differentiate itself from, R3E.

7. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I guess that's me :) Maybe my english is bad. "Good reasons" maybe is bad english? Is acceptable, defendable or understandable reasons better?

Oder was?

8. DaniloE31

DaniloE31 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I get it, but in the end is still a catastrophic marketing management (and I'm not talking about explanations, but just the state of facts)...
    If I were the boss and someone would do this in my company, I woud make sure that some heads roll :eek:

9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    So why I have paid R3E if I have to switch game now and buy a complete new game?

Abzocke such behavior is named in Germany.

And why they announced the car?

No. Hard to believe.

10. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    You did not pay for Raceroom, you paid for content and the content works fine - big difference. User's would have a voice, if we had paid for the game itself. As we haven't, we can just moan here from time to time, hoping S3 catches the mood.

11. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Because your impatient, rash..or you could just run more than one sim like most do.

12. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Ok good explanation, Rudi.

But such behavior is still not correct if this case happen like you mentioned.

And why they announced them?

Read somewhere here that ADAC GT masters has new partners but R3E is not negative touched by this fact.
    Meanwhile I believe not any more that R3E is not touched.

13. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Hey look shit happens, for what ever reason the new GT's ain't here yet, many of us are frustrated by this, they don't have to let us know every god dam thing that is happening in the background, I'm sure it will get sorted, but going over and over the same bloody thing all the time by many is becoming more annoying and frustrating than waiting for these cars.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    You have to think like a non car guy (like all my friends for example :( ): "<insert your name here>, it's only a car..."

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well I can understand the frustration to a point. But on the other hand Johnny and others are right, S3 certainly didn't delay the new GT3 cars on purpose.
    As always I can't go into any detail, and the fact that the devs haven't either tells me that (most of) those reasons are not to be disclosed.
    But I'm sure you can imagine scenarios in which a company, especially a smaller one like S3 and/or RR, can have all sorts of things happen which they don't or just partly have control over. And that includes things only indirectly related to the development process or internal roadmap. And no, as far as I'm aware it's not related to the development of GTR3.

And while I promised myself I wouldn't anymore because you ignore any reasonable argument, one final comment @Eisprinzessin :
    Just because you don't care about open-wheelers or Swedish tracks doesn't mean nobody else does. Believe it or not, there are people who are not you. And many of those people seem to enjoy the content that has been released during the last 12 months. (And many people were/are very fond of the idea of having an STCC pack but now some say they don't understand why S3 release all those Swedish tracks, which doesn't really make much sense either.) By simply ignoring that and trying way too hard to appear provocative by going on and on making the same lame joke for months you're only making yourself seem like a selfish troll who thinks being annoying for long enough will eventually get you what you feel entitled to getting. Nobody here owes you anything because nobody promised anything to you.

Your "criticism" is based on assumptions *you* chose to make, most often by drawing wrong conclusions and/or misinterpreting statements. F.e. the texturing thing regarding the Vette you keep bringing up. Here's what J-F said:
    He did not say "we just need to finish texturing and then the car will be ready for release." That's what *you* assumed or hoped that might mean. But maybe you can imagine that texturing isn't the final job done on a car. Maybe it is rather one of the first things and all the really time consuming stuff (physics, dialing in the AI) comes after and takes longer than that.
    And for everything that can happen during or after that, see above.

Now feel free to continue making a boob of yourself expressing your opinion, I promise I won't ever bother you again.

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    My two cents.
    1. After a year after anouncing those gt3s you're still here whining. I'd say there's nothing wrong with marketing.
    2. AFAIK progressive licences are planned in multiple racing categories. There is a good ladder in open wheelers now. So I'd expect some GT4s, TCs and hopefully GT3s next.

If I'm not mistaken 2 out of 5 new car releases this year were GT3. That's not bad.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    What is a progressive licence?

18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Nothing can be done as developing a car takes a lot of time. The licensing approval stage towards the end is also can be quite a pain where I think that's where part of the delays are coming from.

There is quite a large field of GT3s in the game, it is not like they are not playable without the new cars.

19. Don Rudi

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Would you like to drive a 2017 DTM BMW against a field of 2013 DTM Mercedes and Audis?
    However, I still have a shimmer of hope that all the delays are caused by a huge surprise in the background. Well, one may still dream ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    What I meant is that after the new multiplayer system with player rankings comes there will be a multilevel licencing system as well. So with basic license you will have access to entry level series like FRJ and TT Cup and then based on your performance in multiplayer championships you will be able to upgrade your license and unlock faster series. If that is true I would be expecting some slower GT series to be released soon.

• Like Like x 1