Released Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Ah ok, so you were referring to a drivers licence and not a manufacturers licence. Thanks

2. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Maybe because people have invested serious dollar already, been promised shiny new things, yet my lovely Nan (been dead 6 years) knows as much as the rest of us as to the reasons for the delay.
    If S3 want to keep people interested in their product then good communication is key, it's what this forum was built on and why I opted in in the first place.
    When the Earth is promised yet asteroid B7500034e is delivered then expect the odd pitchfork to get sharpened! ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    That's one aspect for sure, J-F even gave an insight in regards to that topic when the Bentley was still in production. Some manufacturers have very rigorous standards and take their fair time going over designs.
    Well, the "investment" argument...I've given my pov on that already, so I'll spare you that. Just the one sentence: It's probably the upscale pricing that raises this feeling, but nobody here in this forum is a share- or stakeholder by virtue of having bought content, me included, sadly. ;)

Concerning the communication bit, see my other comment. Good communication is key, I'm not here to argue that at all.
    But generally speaking, I can imagine occurences that are not under a companies control but can have a major impact and said company doesn't want to (morally) or cannot (legally) discuss openly. I'm certainly not giving away any secret by pointing out that there's a new staff member, or even two if you go back a couple months. Everybody can put two and two together on their own regarding the reasons for (and possible consequences of) that.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  4. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    It's funny that people talk about Assetto Corsa. In AC, there are cars which had been announced 3 years ago that are still not released yet...

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Presumably not ones people care about.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Let's not forget 11 full time people make R3E; this isn't a huge studio any more and Sector 3 did not sell themselves to a publisher who has money for added employees and licences.

Given some cars have been held back by issues with the licence holders wanting changes to liveries or requesting updates to the car models, there could be any number of reasons why we haven't seen the announced cars.

I get people get bored waiting but Sector 3 are pushing as hard as they can to release content, features and bug fixes at the same time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  7. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I do not mind, it is spec series so everything will be BoPed. And I am still waiting for the day I can add 2013 DTM to 2017 DTM on the grid with multiclass.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don Rudi

Don Rudi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    See that differentiates us - I prefer realistic fields. And most of the cars we currently have in GTR3 series don't even run in Gentlemen races anymore.

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. switchface

switchface Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +111 / 0 / -0
    I'm sure the devs/betas know that we don't think you are maliciously holding back content because you like to see us squirm (right? right?!?).

I think the reason some of us are anxious is that we see our friends playing their fav sim (insert title here) thats had these cars for some time now. We proudly wave the R3E flag as our sim of choice, but its frustrating when we cannot race the cars our friends do.

Also, unless we're talking classics, it isn't as fun to race an older car when a newer version is out. I'd like to get my hands on the AMG GT before Mercedes comes out with the car's replacement (same reason why driving the SLS has lost some of its luster to me).

We love the interaction we get on these forums. Even something as simple as, "hey guys, we've had some unexpected delays on some content...but we've got something else in the pipe you're gonna love (i.e. Porsche) so hang tight" would be appreciated. Its not necessary, just appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well....
    Oh who am I trying to fool, we know you love us. :D
    And the feeling is mutual, right here we have the greatest bunch of people I've ever been involved with.
    Some of the stuff I hear about other places just frightens me.
    We do understand that, we'd love to do that too and we want 'em just as badly. But - here comes that old drum - while other devs released those cars S3 have released different stuff. Now I admit those fantasy open-wheelers might not have the same bragging potential those GT3 beauties have, but they are here and they are quite good imo, so it wasn't a total waste of time and energy. For as long as RR didn't feature open-wheelers people were complaining about that gap in the lineup, so it was the right thing to do from my pov.
    You will. :)
    Another worn out drum: There are sound, understandable reasons for the delay and the relative silence. One was the Porsche thing, obviously, and those other reasons will be revealed too, when the time has come to do so.
    I've heard the word 'devstream' here and there a couple times now, tho nothing is set in stone so far. But I'm sure Chris and J-F are eager to share more info about what has been happening in the past few months and what's on the horizon.
    Just hang in there a little longer, the stars turn and a time presents itself. ^o^

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  11. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    I guess that is why S3 refuse to announce any more upcoming cars with the Porsche announcement, other than the Porsche 911 Cup. Personally, I prefer that as this would prevent people from bumping threads asking when is the car coming out for months.

No point announcing these cars when they are a year or so away from release. I do hope the vehicle production at S3 would be faster but considering there is licensed liveries, that also made approval stage a lot harder and longer

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    I think they must be trying to push triple screen as well as sli support before the merc. comes.

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    The approval for the Mercedes has stalled while they all attend Spa 24H. We expect (on both sides) approvals to conclude in the beginning of August when they're back from Spa.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 7
  14. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info.

Is the Problem with the Vette GT3 similar?

15. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Regarding the C7, we had to wait for an agreement between General Motors and Callaway regarding who is the license holder.

That issue is now sorted and we can finally proceed.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 6
    • Love it! x 4
    • Winner x 1
    • Wonderful x 1
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Wow. Thanks for the info again.

Good Luck.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Beep Beep

Beep Beep New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy... great news. Now i'm drooling. Can't wait.
    I said to myself that i wouldn't buy any more content before the C7 was out. Time to check my wallet. Hope it's not the infamous "Soon™" though.

18. boskapongen

boskapongen Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Out of curiosity, so in theory it would be possble to release cars earlier/faster with "fantasy liveries" before the licenced liveries are approved? Is it just the liveries that is holding the cars back?

19. Dirk Bachmann

Dirk Bachmann Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    That´s the info i´ve waited for - thank you!
    So looking forward - also saw the new Ranking/Incident system in Georgs stream, if these things happen Raceroom will be far ahead of the rest of the sims (for me).
    Im really pleased for the Info!
    And can´t wait...like a 6year old child to Xmas..... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  20. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    thanks fot the update and happy birthday to this thread :D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2