Released Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 26, 2016.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is it me or is there an echo in this forum! :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    You may be on to something there, I'll ask one of the devs to look into it, maybe there's a reverb bug? :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Nice to know, thanks for your feedback.

Could be worse, could rush the release and give you something like this:

• Funny x 12
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Fools and their money...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I like the way how the cars are falling apart, I'm a bit jealous now :)

6. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    R3E is my go-to sim, but they are going to fall behind if things keep going at this rate. I've got a lot of content now and my sunk costs are pushing me away toward purchasing PC2... for now. The dev team is just too small to keep pace with the big guns like SMS, which is a shame, because the content that *does* get released is phenomenal.

7. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    SMS might have big guns, but they are loaded with empty shells..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    SMS are the biggest charlatans in
    sim racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Highly polished horse shit! By far the most important trait to have as a Sim racer in this day and age, is patience, beginning to think the time of the day one, full product release is coming to an end. Far prefer to feel involved in the development of a Sim (through good and bad) over time, when a small change can force you to reevaluate every car/track again with new eyes/ears/hands/feet, personally if tracks/cars always came in packs I would quickly try them all and probably stick to the ones that I instantly got on with and neglect the rest. But with individual releases I tend to thrash a car to death at every track and then hang around MP for a chance to drive it or throw every car at a new track until i'm happy with my times with all. I continually invest in the Sims I own because one thing I do get out of them, is my money's worth, I have enough shiny, silver coasters to cater for a large hotel chain, which were either crap to start with, superseded 12 months later by the same game in new clothes or on the rare occasion when a Gem comes along, it gets beaten to death until it becomes either too dated or with lack of support it finally stops working. Evolution baby!!

10. Jamesr

Jamesr Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Yet R3E is missing key features that PC2 (and PC1) implemented from the very first build - things that even GTR2 had, like tire pressures, or a campaign, or multi-class.

The thing with R3E is that while the racing itself is fantastic, everything else feels clinical. There isn't a lot of "there" there outside of the on-track experience. PC1, for all of its flaws, dripped with character and panache. I mean sh*t, even a little cinematic when I podium in a race would help.

There was talk of developing R3E into a european iRacing competitor... where did that go? I'm in the US, and hardly anyone here knows about or plays this sim. iRacing utterly owns the hardcore multiplayer scene here.

I guess my point here is that it's not clear from the devs how R3E is positioned... are they going for something more along the lines of a hardcore AMS or AC-like realism, or something a little more 'gamey', but accessible and polished, like Project Cars?

11. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    When you have a studio of 150+, you can add the small quality of life features that some people seem to crave. Worthless for the overall experience, but that eye candy and presentation does help move units.

It hasnt gone anywhere. Creating a fleshed out ranked MP feature takes a hell of a lot of work. Parts have been implemented already, and ongoing work continues.

Why does it need to be like anything else? Why cant it be it's own thing?

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  12. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I think I would actually prefer to pay sim racing devs not to spend their precious time and resources on career modes.
    A good custom championship mode like we have in RRE is all I need for single player AI racing.

But even if you like career modes you should still think the same, because when a small team with limited resources and a priority on sim-features attempts a career mode to please a more casual audience (which is a foolish goal for a sim, I think), you end up with whatever that horrible "career" thing is on Assetto Corsa :p

Also, multi-class is coming :)

On-Topic: If the delay on this car means Sector 3 is using real drivers as beta testers like they have done with the M235i and some others then take all the time you need! I don't mind if I'm driving an old car or a current one, as long as it feels as good as it can be :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    multiclass has been coming for four months since its been shown. Means nothing at this point.

14. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I have forgotten the release date of the AMG GT3? 2017 or 2018?

15. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Hope we get at least the Merc and the Audi GT3s this year.

Please S3E give us a light of hope :oops:

not a soon tho
    :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    2019?

17. Christoph

Christoph Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    why always no negative ?

• Like Like x 1
  18. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    I assumed it is meant to be optimistic

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    hello, could we have news of this self please,
    announced January 2015
    thank you

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. sion.

sion. Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    it wasnt announced in Jan 2015.
    The Raceroom Forum Account, which started the Announcement Thread in Jul 2016 was created Jan 2015....

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1