Released Mercedes-AMG GT3 licensed

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Superb news. By the way, the SAP livery from the N24 was one of my favourites; just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    "only" !
    We are also missing the Ferrari 488, the Aston Martin Vantage, the Lamborghini Huracan. Except the Bentley (and the next 3 news GT3), the others GT3 cars are 3 years old and more.
    But I agree with you, if only we could have an upgrade of the existing licences (Audi, RUF, Corvette, Ford GT), it would at least be a great step.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Metalogic

Metalogic Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    I have hopes for the Aston Martin at least, the Italian cars I'd love to see, but sounds like the licensing is problematic.

The new AMG GT3 car is one of my favourites, though, beautiful, but aggressive looking and with a fantastic engine growl, which am sure Sector 3 will model well.

The older GT3 Merc in R3E has a less generic dash than most (perhaps Mercedes insisted on this?) so here's hoping something good can be done with the interior of this car?

4. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Will the new Merc GT3 be added to the current GT3 pack or will a new pack be created for the new cars?

5. maxx2504

maxx2504 Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Well if Sector 3 wants to make a GT Masters 2016 sometimes, they need to buy some new licences. I dont believe that they would make a fictionary Lambo Huracan :D

My absolute Dream would be still a complete VLN Pack and a Le Mans Pack with F488, Ford GT LM, LeMans Track and some other awesome LeMans cars.
    And multiclass...this is what i hope the most ! :)

But anyway....i m happy to see the new AMG GT3 in the game !

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Hopefully the inboard picture was shown to the programmers as well. Sick and tired of the dummy cockpit.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    While I greet the new addition to the class, I am cautious a bit. In AC, I avoid both GT3 Mercedes that it has, they drive very strange, compared to the other GT3 cars, more stabile over uneven surfaces and bumps, but the delayed acceleration - well, I just cannot get along with it and so avoid it. If this characteristic finds representation in RR's GT3 class, too, then I hardly will use this car much.

My preferred choices in RR's GT3 class are the Alpina B6 and the Corvette. Both do not make antics, and thats what I like in a car: predictability, and reliability in reaction to input.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. sixaxis-76

sixaxis-76 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The problem is the fact that they are doing business, they're not building the best game but they are navigating between their partnerships.
    But they must keep in mind concurence with the other racing games and mainly A.C. that will soon welcome Porsche and it already has many famous cars and worldwide tracks, RRRE still has work in that way. A.C. and P. CARS allow you to create your own liveries whereas in RRRE you have to pay for everything even fictional liveries. (that in my opinion could be for free)
    RRRE is, I think the most immersive racing game but I hope it will not become just a money hoover.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Orisa

Orisa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    Thanks S3 for the new license. The ADAC GT Masters 2016 field slowly fills ;)

10. Azfalt Raser

Azfalt Raser Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    yes! The original thread was "AMG licensed to S3". Well done! Can't wait to try it out.
    I won't pout like I did for the GTOs ;)

11. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
    BTW I saw the what I think was the road-going AMG GT-S on the road in Oxford in town today, absolutely stunning car "in the flesh", and it was generating an appropriately glorious sound (though not as chest-rumbling as the GT3!), can't wait to drive the AMG GT3 in Raceroom!

It looked very much like this (same colour, but not my picture), no wonder the driver is smiling:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. JBMAK

JBMAK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Please implement some choosable, different Engine Mappings for my Account
    Probably it will make me a few tenth of a Second faster. But dont even tell the other Guys about it...
    #24hSPa :D:D:D:D

• Funny Funny x 5
  13. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Any idea when these new GT3 cars will be released?

Its been a number of months since the 650S was announced

• Like Like x 1
  14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Probably when all ADAC GT Masters 2016 cars are finished, which could take another 2 or 3 months.

15. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    They're missing a few licenses to finish all the GT Masters cars though. :p

16. Metalogic

Ratings:
    +234 / 0 / -0
  17. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, Lambo, Porsche, latest Audi and 'Vette. Will probably take more then a few months.

18. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Huh. Didn't realise some of the cars had around 600bhp.

Why aren't the Porsches running with turbos in this class anyway?

19. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    They don't need ^^ At the moment the engine produces more than 500HP - depending on the Restrictor. That isn't that bad.
    Due to the BoP the Track-Performance is similar to the other GT3-Cars. They might not have as much HP as others, but gain in Traction and Handling. At the moment Porsche want to stay with the natural aspirated flat-6 but who knows whats coming next.
    I often read that Engineers think that the development of the flat-6 has reached his limit and there isn't much more Power to get out of the 4.0l Engine.

20. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    It's something that was discussed a bit during the 24h of Spa. Porsche isn't spending too much time on their GT3 because they focus on their own single make and other series more. There's also quite a large customer base in the PRO-AM/AM classes that prefer more predictable NA engines which is why quite a few 458's are still being fielded as well.

• Informative Informative x 1