Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing 2018 - Discussion

Discussion in 'Mercedes-AMG Motorsport eRacing 2018' started by Robert Wiesenmüller, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Looking for a teammate to practice? Do you want to share your hotlap video? Do you have questions regarding the competition? Here is the right place to post!

I start it off with this epic picture that @Georg Ortner took:
    [​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Apex_Predator

Apex_Predator New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Has anybody got a better than default set-up, (sub 1.45s), or a link to one?
    Thanks.

3. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    omg :eek::eek::eek: ... the ProMarkt livery!!! One of the best DTM design of all time:
    [​IMG]

Hope we get the others too ... like the black Sonax beauty:
    [​IMG]

I was never I big fan of the class one cars, but they had the best liveries and car lines in the entire history of the DTM. Great work Sector3, great work!!!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  4. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    These cars are from 1994 Patrick, but we will do some interesting liveries from 1995.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    I know, but the Mercedes-Benz liveries were almost the same in both years :)

1994:
    [​IMG]

1995:
    [​IMG]

... the bumpers and missing air intake over the rear wheels look a little bit better of the 1994 version, but the 1995 version is also good-looking :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  6. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Mercedes AMG eRacing Hockenheimring - 1:42.142

That was my lap that secured myself a spot in the multiplayer race. A solid P8 in the leaderboard.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Kevin Siggy

Kevin Siggy New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Here's my lap aswell form the qualifiers... was a great race overall, nice defending from Kunze and a well deserved victory

• Like Like x 2
  8. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    I just did a 1:25.109 (0.034 faster than the one on the leaderboard) at the Lausitzring qualifier but it was somehow not recognized by the server.
    It´s only a little improvement but if it would mean if I´m in the race or not it´s a lot so maybe take a look at your database if you can find it there.

Already happened to me last year if you remember. :sweatsmile:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Did you see it in the top bar?

Shows in top bar = LB will eventually update
    Shows not in top bar = connection error on user side.

10. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    It was only displayed as a faster lap with the green number on the right side.

11. Robert Wiesenmüller

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Your databank time is a 142, so that time did not register anywhere.

12. alleskleinundzusammen1

alleskleinundzusammen1 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey Guys,
    I´m struggling actually hard to compete in this challenge. I´m stuck @ Hungaroring in amateur mode appr. 2s behind the fastest amateur in the ranking.
    Follow his ghost and raceline seems impossible to me - I even did not manage to improve my own best lap-time @ 1:48:733 yesterday in a three hour session. No way to start with "get real" mode.
    I´m wondering if my issue could be caused by settings in the FFB/game?!? Any ideas?

13. Huhtala Racing

Huhtala Racing New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Im a big fan of raceroom. Its allways nice to come here, after visiting other sims. But honestly, my worst experience was in this evening when i tested that new DTM car. Totally annoying experience, and i raise my hat to those drivers who drove those in reallife.
    That car is so frustrating to drive, rear end is totally out of control. Maybe its my own gear fault but, have to drive like on ice and immediatly you think you can push....NOOOOH. Absolutely worst experience. Too fast left right turn and you are out.
    BWOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

14. alleskleinundzusammen1

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Yepp! Same here - so no way 4 me to think about going "real" and hitting the ground with turned off stability control system...

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion the car is pretty planted with the default 50% traction control setting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    yeah.. pretty great racing experience with this car once you're dialed in after some laps. o_O

"just" try to race with the car, not against it :p

17. alleskleinundzusammen1

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I´m still struggling in simple noob amateur mode and can´t beat my own best lap of 1:48:452 - start getting frustrated... :rage:

18. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    do you remember these rules while racing?

- slow in, fast out (cornering)
    - smooth inputs from wheel and pedals (no sudden step on the brake, squeeze the pedal like a toothpaste..) you want to maintain the car's stability!
    - slow is smooth, and smooth is fast

Start driving slowly and increase your speed with every lap, also you should know brake points so first you need to learn the track. That's best possible while starting slowly, and after a while you can start driving more aggressively and faster (braking later, hitting the gas earlier...).

Also try "Get real" mode, maybe some driving "aid" is giving you a hard time. wouldn't be the first time that a driving aid is contra-productive.

And last but not least: forget what I wrote, you're already 0.2 seconds faster than me (ok I only really tried 3 laps) lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. alleskleinundzusammen1

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I know the theory quite well - but I guess I´m too old already to catchup with... ;)

20. Moritz Löhner

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Are you allowed to drive multiple times at the Mercedes Museum qualifiers or just one run that counts?