News Mercedes-AMG online race competition

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, May 7, 2016.

1. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Final of the Competition was held today at Hockenheim.

Here is a nice video of the event posted by Mercedes AMG on their facebook page.

Looked like one hell of an event. Nice little gala with some fancy production for the race. Congrats to all involved. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Congrats to our heroes who smashed the pros into the ground!;)
    Did you see that young guy at 1:20 right in front on the right side?
    Edit: I missed th girls.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  3. Thomas Cameron

Thomas Cameron Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    What a truly outstanding achievement for raceroom well done to all in the setup of this.
    #Simracing #LeadingTheWay
    #RaceRoomRacingExperience #Sector3Studios

Of course a massive congratulations to Tim Awesome achievement and well done to all the other drivers it was a great watch

• Like Like x 4
  4. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    233,713 views on facebook... the end of a very good day. Tomorrow we'll chillax a bit and watch some real cars on the track!

• Like Like x 12
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You mean that bloke who blatantly and totally unobtrusively pushed his shirt logo into the camera?
    Yeah, he's great. ^^

Seriously, great job guys. Very well done.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Tyres, tyres and tyres? Hard? does that mean soft med n hard cause theres no way im accepting that meaning difficulty level! Please say yes!
    As for the last half of this thread, some rude, some ignorant and some seriously disillusioned, enough said!

Edit - As for cheating, i can see it happening, not so much on a user level but more dev, everything in this game is server logged, controlled, tweaked and twisted, where there is supposed to be a level playing field for everyone is in reality for 99.9% of the people. The only people with access and control to the things that would make a difference are the devs and maybe a tester or two. And yes, i do believe server control at a high level can\could\does\has influenced and changed the outcome of races. Server control, weight penalties, limited power, tyre type the whole lot, anything you can think of that can be controlled or manipulated by the server can be instigated at any time by the server\host or a dev that has the knowledge and power to do so.
    Cheating, yes, absolutely, 100%, on the drivers side, not so sure, on the dev side, hell yes, if they want you to win you can and will without a shadow of a doubt.

That isnt a paranoid, oh you is cheating me rant, that is fact, anything can be changed without user knowledge or interaction, the only question is how honest the team behind it is. You give them access when you log in, every part of your driving experience can be manipulated on the server side especially if your on an S3 server.

7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    First I thought J-F is operating one of the cameras as well, hehe, seing J-Fs everywhere, but right then the original one came into focus...:)

Congrats to all !! - Auer and Rosenqvist did a good job, given the short time to rehearse - compared to our Sim-Pros ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Charly911

Charly911 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    In the end the "cheater" won the competition. He must be veeery skilled cheating. He could even do it at the event in front of a lot of people...

• Like Like x 1
  9. stuffwinner

stuffwinner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    The simulator is not like racing in real life? The females that supposedly won a spot were not racing, which means something is seriously wrong. They out rightly took what belonged to 4 females and awarded not even one female. Are you going to tell me that because its not a real race track that something applies to the situation that would prevent 4 females from racing? Let me guess, they were cheating, right? Julian Kunze's method of cheating needs to be dealt with at its participating fullest extent, meaning all participants that are found to cheat this way need to be removed. Julian Kunze got 1.29.899 as his best lap time, which is absurd just like removing 4 females from the competition, and 1.29.961 from Tim H and 1.30.119 from Giorgos T is absurd as well. Not one of them came within 2 seconds of their online event best lap times. You have proved yourself wrongfully by making claims of 1.29.899 in the same simulator that you failed to produce similar results in by over 2 seconds not even a month later. When exceptionally skilled people like myself are faced with competing against cheaters, the sport is compromised by people who don't deserve to win. Not only do you not deserve to be in the finale of the competition, I will personally make sure that your actions as a group of worthless cheaters are known to automobile enthusiasts lead by lies not ability. The pursuit to be the best is not made up of impossibilities you exemplify, but rather the clear defining factor that makes winners find ways to win.

I will eventually reveal who I am, but for now I will leave it as stuffwinner.

• Dislike Dislike x 7
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 2
  11. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Yes , it was a very nice running and nice has look ;)
    I also saw Hard in purple in tyres , have us has him not this :(
    congratulation to all :)
    14502789_10154182979123878_5425212077093936327_n.jpg

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    dont worry we know...

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Andre Santos

Andre Santos Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Sorry dude you are absolutely ridiculous.
    I tell you something:
    1. The hardware that we drove here at the event is completely different from my home setup.
    2. The default car setup we used here had a 16 wing. At home I drive a 5 wing. With a 5 wing you are ~15km/h faster at the straight.
    3. The whole default car setup we used at the event was completely different from my home setup.
    4. If you are the best driver in NA then visit me at home and watch me driving, you will see that you have absolutely no reason about calling all of us cheater.

Sorry for my bad English.

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    You are aware that - even if there were 4 females competing in the qualifying rounds - nobody is forced to enter the final.
    Because
    1. they couldn't use custom setups in the final event and
    2. leaderboard sessions work under different (better) conditions than race sessions do.
    As you continue to libel people as cheaters without giving any hard evidence I have filed a formal complaint about you. I ask you one more time to either step forward and present prove for your accusations or otherwise stop making such defamatory claims. The behaviour you've shown so far is not acceptable and certainly not welcome around here.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I watched it live, it was quite entertaining.

Strong tobacco. Step out of the shadows and put your evidence where your mouth is - or shut up. After firing such a volley, you owe evidence.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    Not going to argue about right or wrong here, but someone who describes himself in this way is a very sad person imo...:confused:

17. Soddyn

Soddyn Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations on the event guys, hopefully it'll bring more attention to R3E, because the game really deserves it.

On a side note, i'm just gonna hang this sign here.
    [​IMG]

18. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    If you let to say just one thing to this whole 'conversation'. :)

Some of the top-drivers have very interesting concepct about the track limits. I noticed that in this competition, and in other competition as well.

I don't blame anybody about that, but sometimes maybe you (the drivers & developers) should re-think the things here.

Anyway, congratulations to everyone! :)

19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    They and we are aware of the issue. I can only tell you about the testers view and from the internal discussions I've been involved in I'd have to say that it is a split argument.
    Me and some others think the cut track rules are too lenient, especially on some tracks like Spa or Hockenheim. But there are also arguments for keeping them the way they are, todays real life DTM race being one of them. The rules in RR (try to) reflect the real life handling of such lines by the real life stewards. In most series the drivers are still given very much leeway when it comes to certain forms of cutting or going wide.

Not trying to say you don't have a point as I kinda agree, but I can accept that enforcing a 100 % strict rule wouldn't reflect reality either. Just wanted to let you know that the devs are well aware of this and that the rules haven't been set the way they are by accident.

And whether we like the cut rules or not, they apply for everyone, so in theory nobody's at a disadvantage because of them.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    You know, I'm (or I was) in the simracing 'business' almost 10 years now. I was lucky to attend many races both on public and leagues; and I was lucky enough to race against people from all over the world. But usually, and there were/are unwritten rules about using the track. And usually we keep/kept that 'real life rules' stuff - so where the drivers make a corner wider, it is/was allowed to anyone to do the same in the virtual track.

And I'm not speaking about Hockenheim T1 or Red Bull Ring T1...I speak about those parts of the track where the game allows too much. And, unfortunately, some front-runners use these things to gain as many advantages as possible. Alright, motorsport is about to be the fasters & the best - but I don't think it is the way to be.

I don't want to name people, but I was 'lucky' to race against one of the current finalist on a GT3 race @ Nuerburgring. Probably you know the Schumacher-S - it's a nice turn, with a good rythm. But, you know, when this person changes the corner to a straight line, and he started the corner with all 4 wheels on the kerbs, and he just got on the track while he moves from a kerb to another, and he does the same lap-by-lap....well, it's damn frustrating. Especially, if you are on his tails after the race start, and you see how much time he wins with that. For those, who have no idea how the real drivers do this corner:

And, to be honest, I watched some ghost laps at the Hockenheimring. Many people used too much area on the outside the kerb - which is defintely not the part of the track, and the real DTM-drivers don't use that area as well. But somehow, the game forgives that and many virtual driver found out the trick.

This is what makes me sad Christian. Really-really sad... I mentioned last year to the developers, in the proper topic to do something with the track-cut system, but it looks like nothing has changed.

P.s.: one more thing.

"And whether we like the cut rules or not, they apply for everyone, so in theory nobody's at a disadvantage because of them."

Just because some people try to gain advantage in a not so nice way, that doesn't mean everybody have to follow them. (Example: just because some people try to steal from shops, that doesn't mean you have to follow them...)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1