Minimum force setting coming soon!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brandon Wright, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    This is excellent news! I think a min force setting will really help me to get the FFB feeling how I like it, I find it to be the most useful FFB option in AC and iRacing for fine tuning how my wheel feels. Nice work guys.

Screen shot 2015-10-23 at 12.59.25 PM.png

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    That reminds me, that a Twitter-Box should be implemented in the Forums-Page ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Nigel Fox

Nigel Fox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Hmm... I trust there will be a detailed discussion as to why this is so cool. I'm not even sure what min FFB even is. And wouldn't this contribute to wheel oscillation?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Basically, most of our wheels aren't capable of reacting to very small forces. For example, a G27 doesn't have super strong/detailed motors so if the sim is putting out a part of the FFB signal that's very small then the G27 isn't capable of transmitting it to you and it just gets lost. The Min Force setting lets you adjust it so that these small forces can be felt. A good analogy: pretend your ears can't detect any sound that's less than 10 decibels. The min force setting would take any sounds that are under 10 decibels and increase them to 10 decibels so you can hear them, giving you a fuller, more complete sound.

As far as oscillation, it usually decreases or eliminates oscillation (as long as you don't have it set to high) and can also greatly reduce deadzones around center.

Read here for a more thorough explanation. http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...ack-wheel-using-wheelcheck-and-ffbclip.14319/

• Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    The minium force setting for me in iracing doesn't work well, if you even have it half way you get major oscillation, tune it down to get rid of it and you end up with no weight on the wheel, very similar results in AC as well, Im quite happy how we have it set now, just hope this doesn't muck it up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    I haven't messed with iRacing much but I had the opposite experience with AC. If I have it set too high I get oscillation but when it's set right I get no oscillation and it puts the weight of the wheel in the places I like. If I have it set too low the wheel feels limp and light in the turns.

7. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Could you share your setting with this please, just a matter of interest...thanks in advance

8. Brandon Wright

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Usually around 10-12 on my T300, I'll sometimes adjust it depending on what car I'm driving. If you follow the link I posted above it will point you to a program you can download which will test your wheel and tell you exactly what yours should be set to. Each specific wheel can be slightly different so it's good to run that test and see what yours should be.

9. M D Gourley

M D Gourley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks...I have a T300 as well, will try around 10-12 and look at above link

10. Backmarker

Backmarker Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    That's a shame! what wheel are you using? I have a fanatec csw and min force works lovely in rF2, iRacing, and AC. I always set the value below any oscillation and I can still feel the enhanced FFB very nicely which increases my immersion level in the games.

11. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    i was playing this a bit other nite, with the ADAC pack.. After all ive said and moaned (see poll) i actually like this title. Theres something about it, i like simbins old titles (still great imo) and theres a bit of that charm in RRE. I still do find that the cars can feel a bit slidey - especially going over kerbs, sometimes feels too slippy. I feel theres a lack of feedback with the road, But yeah its good, min force may help with better feeling of FFB, i hope. i think the centre force has been reduced, i think it feels better than before.

• Like Like x 1