Question Minimum System Requirements.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by D.Boon, Mar 2, 2015.

1. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    If the CPU I get runs a little on the warm side, that's fine, I'll open the case and save money of the Gas to warm the room lol.

I'm upgrading on a month by month basis as long as finances allow, next planned upgrade was supposed to be on the 26th of this month with another 8GB stick of RAM but I think i'll put that on the back-burner for now, save the money and get a graphics card on the 23rd of next month.

Does anyone know if AMD have announced a release date for there R9 300 Series yet? I won't be after their new card but it should mean they drop the price of their current 200 series cards.

2. GroovyMotion

GroovyMotion Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    :p
    You are lucky, here it would take 100 PC's overheating to keep the appartment warm! When it's -10C it's freakin hot ! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @GroovyMotion Jesus, yeah, you've got it bad there and yet, us Brits, we still love to moan when the temperature dips into single figures lol.
    I don't envy you mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    That might change the moment realtime weather conditions are implemented ( I already noticed a slight performance drop/issue with the "time-of-the-day" track performance....but ok I trust S3 to "optimize" even that ;) )

5. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yeah - I think that would be the better decision. After the Graphics-Card you may want to switch to a new Mainboard an CPU. That could effect that you have to buy new RAM as they are more and more moving to DDR4.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I've only had my current Motherboard for a few weeks and it was actually bought with upgrading in mind lol. A DDR4 comparable motherboard would be nice but without looking into it, too expensive for me at the moment.

7. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Ronin_GTDave I will wait a while before going to DDR4. And like you said it would require a new mobo so it's a no go for now.
    My next upgrade will be a second SSD and then probably a GeForce GTX 960.

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @GroovyMotion , that's a decent graphics card, I hear rumors AMD are putting the final touches to the R9 300 series though so, it may be worth waiting a while.
    My missus pointed me in THIS direction a little earlier.... Do we have any rich people who would like to buy me one please?

9. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Ronin_GTDave Yikes that's a lot of money lol...definitely not on my budget!
    Haven't seen much about the R300 series, I tend to go Nvidia because they are optimized for linux, but I know that the 270 series are better bang for the buck under windows.

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @GroovyMotion Love linux, I went through a phase here I wanted to be a programmer so went to work with a crazy Dutchman in an effort to learn from him, ended up building servers using Linux Ubuntu and making Ethernet cables for a week instead when he had a sudden influx in work, learned nothing about programming, didn't get paid for my efforts then he buggered off back to the Netherlands lol.

If you believe all the hype, the R9 300 series is going to be the fastest GPU ever made, I'll find a link...

LINK

11. GroovyMotion

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Ronin_GTDave that sux about your work with the Dutchman!
    Yeah 2014 has been the year of linux and 2015 looks even more impressive!
    The R300 looks good on paper but it will be out of my price range.
    AMD has definitely paid attention to the linux community by releasing better drivers but they are far behind Nvidia.