Bug Missing lines and markers in rear view mirrors on 11 tracks

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Frank25, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Frank25

Frank25 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I've noticed this bug since I started playing R3E in 2014. On 11 tracks the white lines and markers are missing in the rear view mirrors. And it makes no difference, whether you set the rear view mirror quality to Low, Medium or High in the video settings.
    I tested all the tracks and on the following tracks the white lines and markers are missing in the rear view mirrors:

- Hockenheimring
    - Lakeview Hillclimb
    - Mid Ohio
    - Nürburgring
    - Oschersleben
    - Portimao
    - Red Bull Ring Spielberg
    - Sachsenring
    - Sonoma Raceway
    - Zantvoort
    - Zolder

It would also be nice to have the option to activate car shadows (the first 2-3 cars behind would be enough) and smoke/dust in the rear view mirrors in a new "Ultra" setting for high-end PCs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  2. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Update:
    On the new Salzburgring the white lines and markers are also missing in the rear view mirrors.
    When will S3 Studios fix this problem?

I would also like an option to deactivate the flags, that are swiveled by the audience. I don't think, that this is very realistic and it would improve the fps, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  3. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Track lines in rear view? How on earth would you need need to follow/see a track line in the rear view.

4. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    I mean the white lines and markers on the tracks. Sorry, if my english is bad.

5. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Oh You mean the paint by the curbs? Not the racing line. I've never noticed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alex Hummler

Alex Hummler KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +209 / 0 / -0
    the way the white lines are drawn has impact on performance so we decided to exclude them from rearview rendering, not all tracks are updated with this

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    Interesting.
    Perhaps it could be made optional for people with powerful machines. e.g. a selectable Ultra setting for mirror details. Just asking.:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the information Alex. It has really an impact on the performance, but I think you should change the "rear view mirror quality settings", so that with "Low" and "Medium" the white lines and marks are not shown for all tracks and that with "High" they're shown for all tracks. E.g. the Norisring is one of the tracks with the lowest FPS on my PC, but the white lines are always shown and you can't turn them off. It would be good to let the user decide what option he wants to use.

P.S. The Salzburgring is really great work. Thank you Alex!

9. Frank25

Ratings:
    +54 / 0 / -0
    After the release of Macao I can't believe the answer of Alex Hummler any more.
    If it's possible to see all the white lines and marks of the track Macao in the rear view mirror with no performance problems (this track seems to be optimized very good), this should be possible with any other track, too. At least the "rear view mirror quality setting" on HIGH should always show all the white lines and marks of a track.