Problem Missing Xbox One Controller XInput support: No independent brake/accel. or rumble.

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by AlleyViper, Dec 11, 2016.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I'm a new player to R3E and I'm facing a difficulty already referenced in this forum. With a Xbox 360 Controller R3E detects it as so, and loads its respective XBOX 360 Controller for Windows.rcs profile that one can customize. All is great.

But with a Xbox One Controller* on my primary computer, as the game doesn't have an inbuilt profile for it, it'll fail to load a preset. But the greatest problem is that by making a custom profile it'll be treated as a Direct Input device instead of a XInput device, this will show when you create your own profile with the gamepad preset, or pick keyboard and add your own controller mappings (as suggested on the controller profiles thread). This is a very big deal, as other than completely missing any sort rumble, both triggers will register as a single Z axis, so simultaneous/independent input is impossible. As a minor issue, Left stick analog mouse control on menus will be inverted up/down too.

*With latest firmware 2.3.2381.0, under current W10 AU's native driver. Device Ids listed on device manager are:
    Code:
    USB\VID_045E&PID_02D1&REV_0203
    USB\VID_045E&PID_02D1
    And after creating a custom profile, R3E detects it as:
    Code:
    DeviceId[00]="(50267230, -1, -1, 0)"
    I've tried to copy "XBOX 360 Controller for Windows.rcs" to a "Xbox One Controller for Windows.rcs", and changing both cosmetic controller names and changing to the important DeviceId[00]="(50267230, -1, -1, 0)" line as per the manual custom profile that is created in \Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet\*_unique.rcs (and then deleting this file) that shows the expected/detected ID for this controller. This will make the game pop a message on launch that has detected and loaded a profile for the controller, and will then show as a game inbuilt one (missing edit or delete buttons accordingly) in the profile selection but it's useless, because R3E is still communicating with the controller in Direct Input mode instead of XInput, and the preset B, Y, etc XInput keys will then appear as very high Direct Input button numbers (B20 something, etc). So neither the preset bindings will work, or any sort of rumble capability is unlocked. By setting them manually again, the pressed buttons or axii still show as Direct Input mappings, so this fails as a workaround.

Will you plan in the future to include support for the Xbox One family of controllers, or at least provide a way to set them up as a generic XInput Gamepad (instead of Direct Input) so something like the current Xbox 360 profile can be loaded on them?
    This would be very useful for having rumble and independent accelerator/brake on triggers. IMHO, it's useless as it stands for playing without assists, as you can't help holding the car with a hint of acceleration while trailbraking, or feel the tyres grip limit when exiting a corner and act accordingly while rolling the accelerator.

Thanks for your attention!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  2. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I get rumble on my xbox one controller, but still have both brake/accel on same Z axis, this not been fixed yet.

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Oh, this was all fixed some patches back. With the use of xinput added the axes issue was fixed and vibration a bit later, but iirc in one of the first releases the center was incorrectly set for triggers. Sorry I can't check right now (only next week), but the last time I've used it everything was OK.
    Having a single axis means that you might not be using xinput but dinput instead. You could try reloading the default Xbox One profile and set again your customized controls, in case the problem is having your current profile built on top of a previous faulty one.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  4. Chris Sercombe

Chris Sercombe New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yeh, i not checked recently, will do default profile and mess around cheers.