Momo dying -- need Thrustmaster recommendations

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dentalfloss, Apr 22, 2019.

1. dentalfloss

dentalfloss New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    The FF is intermittently weak, and it's only getting worse.

I'm not picky (nor can I afford to be) so I only require a wheel that is at least as precise and reliable. The stock pedals were garbage, but I replaced them with the TM T3PA set. That's why I prefer a TM wheel -- the pedals calibrate better with them. I'm looking for something not much in excess of $300. I'm willing to go used if it has been used lightly.

I'm having to buy this with PayPal credit (It's interest-free if I pay back within a year) because I'm having to save up my cash for my cat's tumor surgery. The vet doesn't accept PayPal. :(

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    I bought outlet T300 alcantara edition for around that price and im happy with it, sweet spot for price/quality imo. Have it for a year- had to replace a fan, it was super loud, leaked bushing was the fault, super easy and cheap replacement

Good luck to your Kitto

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. dentalfloss

dentalfloss New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I see a lot of listings for the T300RS, but they state only that they're for PS3/4. Am I correct in assuming that all of these are also for pc?

4. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    yes
    T<number> series are for ps and pc
    TX or TMX are for xbox and pc

btw, roughly tmx=t150 and tx=t300

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. dentalfloss

dentalfloss New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    They seem to have had a very high failure rate when they were introduced. Has that been improved? I'm strongly leaning in their direction because all the reviews I watched said they're great wheels, but I can't afford to buy another in six months if this one breaks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +117 / 0
    No idea about improvement, except the fan, mine is fine and dandy (i run in constantly running fan mode). I bought mine from standard online shop, outlet section so it came with 1 year warranty

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. dentalfloss

dentalfloss New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I just realized the standard warranty was a full year. And I can get another year of coverage for $22. I'm close to pulling the trigger.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dentalfloss

dentalfloss New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Bought!

• Like Like x 1