Monaco

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frank van Roon, May 26, 2019.

1. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    PC2 has it under "Azure". The road needs probably no licence, the name Monaco surely needs an agreement.

2. gp20

gp20 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    It's not an easy track for sure, that's the challenge.

3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Thats how it works for almost all sim racing content..
    Stuff like what was the dtm experience for example where you have all cars, liveries and tracks of a series are a rather rare exception

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes but it is not called Monaco due to license.

EDIT: GP20 already mentioned it

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    That's the way it is and it make sense to me. Looking at it the other way, would you be happy if you could only ever drive a car on a particular track if the real car raced there? Probably not.

Don't get me wrong....in an ideal world I'd like to have full car rosters and championship files for all classes, but that's just not going to happen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Licensing is not the strength os S3 :)

All those series without real drivers and liveries....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, well, we all have our weaknesses, don't we? :p

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure, thats why supermodels dont f*** me ;)
    The rest for contributes to the autocorrection of my cell phone.

No, to be honest:

A F1 90 or how they call it is cool. Very cool. Remembers me in the days, we battled in Kyalami, Phoenix or Silverstone on RF1 with the SRM 90-92 packs. Pure immersion, nice tracks, good sounds and hard to handle cars.

But:

The names where real, the cars looked real, the cars looked different and the cockpits as well. Every car was unique.

Here you have not the fitting tracks, not the fitting drivers, Cockpits and liveries.

For me this sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2019
  9. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    What? Licensing not the Strenghts?
    I came to R3E because of new DTM, DTM 92 and GT Masters an I'm really laughing and rolling on the floor now.
    Getting WTCC and WTCR since then.

But, yes, moarrr licenses are welcome. And a License of the older F1 cars of course.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Yes, R3E has more official licensed series than AC, RF2, AM, PC2.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sure they have licences.

GT Masters is a joke. Half of a series is something i never saw in any game before [​IMG]

DTM is ok, but outdated, meanwhile (dont know details, because DTM is not for me (bought it anyway to suport the devs - never drove it))

WTCR is outdated and half of the tracks ar missing

All the other content like F2, F3 or F US are fantasy cars and liveries without the fitting tracks.

Dont get me wrong, i supportet the devs always and have nearly (i stoped buying a couple of month ago) all the content, but now i see only a mixture of everything, which is not fitting together. A little bit of this, a little bit of that...

And i bet, the cockpits of the new 90 series look all the same without any historical correctnes.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You don't have to buy them. Go and race rfactor 1 mods if that's what you want..... Or maybe of its so important you could donate the money for S3 to buy up the rights to every series ever....

Also the irony of moaning that last year's TCR is outdated whilst asking for early 90's F1 cars....well......

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    facepalm for this answer.

Its all good. But IMHO (!) the way S3 goes is not a well chosen....playing a SIMULATION is more than turning on a wheel.

I think they are stuck in some airless medium, dont knowing for themselves which way to take for the future.

Not fish, not meat ( hehe )

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You seem to be living in some magical world where you believe that because you want something you can have it. Licenced content is often very expensive or sometimes impossible to get. Other companies also already have exclusive rights to certain series. F1 being one of them. S3 do a great job with the limited resources a small team has. Probably the best all round sim given the content, and ai implementation. Modded content in other Sims is sometimes amazing but often crap. Rather than berate them for what they (currently) don't have, why not support what they are bringing us. Perhaps in the future there will be the possibility of licenced older F1 cars in the way that iracing has the Williams 2009 and McLaren 2014, who knows, but a full series is very unlikely.

Be a glass half full person, it makes life much better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There are afaik only two other simulators that have any kind of real, high profile, licensed context - and that is the newly realeased ACC, but that only features the 2018 Blancpain GT Series.

The other is PCars 2, where you can get real Indy Car field (dunno which year), but only if you play the series in career mode.

I dunno how it is in AMS with the brazilian content, if the series are really licensed, but that isn't a high profile license. What you get in other sims is collection of random cars, or fake series, with fake drivers.

R3E is really the only simulators when you can get multiple real series, with real drivers. But you will not see classic formula cars with real drivers, with real liveries, when codemasters is holding the exclusive license and is selling classic cars as DLCs. And I will take driving "fake" liveries, over a field of 20, real, Ferraris you get in other sim.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thats two different point of views.

Look, in ACC now many ppl complain about that there are ONLY GT3 cars. Wait what? What is this for a weird thinking in those days?

I dont need every single car in a game. I mentioned it here before. Better to make one single game of a series (like it was the way to go a decade ago) and make it right than to offer from everything a little bit.

Make a F1 game from 92 with all the teams, all the tracks and nothing else. (Just for example).
    I will instabuy it. 60-70 EUR should it be worth anyway.

I dind not get the thing why i have to drive a 90 F1 car an tracks from today and have to switch to a indycar clone right after the race in one single game. Trying to make EVERYTHING is mostly a thing that can not work. we speak from simulations. Look in the setup possibilities from RRR. EVERY car has nearly the same possibilities with the same possible ranges. This is one point that can not be working..just an example.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    If other games suits your needs better then R3E, you're free too play them anytime you want.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Splitting the content into multiple titles wouldn't, by some miracle, yield sector3 the licenses required to make real 90s formula 1 season. There woudln't be a real 90s Formula 1 title.
    If you're not interested in the "fake", then don't buy it. You're at the same position, you would be if the content was split. But those of us who have no problem with "fake" livieries, would be missing the content.

I like the sector3 approach better. This way I can still driver the cars and series I've bought a long time back (i.e. the WTCC), with the engine upgrades that were implemented over the years (like multiclass racing, or AI improvements, improvements to external APIs). I can also benefits from tracks that got released after the pack was released.

Previously you were either stuck with the tracks that were present in the series years that got represented, or you were at the mercy of the community modding in additional tracks and series (which funnily ends with the same thing you're complaining about :) ). You were also stuck with the limitations and bugs left behind, when the company decided the support period is over. The cherry on top was the multiple dishing out of $60, for the same engine, just with different content.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    "Prinzessin" fits perfectly to you.
    You're talking about your likes.

But it seems, that many see it the other way round.

For DTM92, DTM new, GT Masters, F1, F3, WTCR, Group5 buy 7 games, setting everything up, so it works most perfect on your PC. If it's real dumb, every single game has another UI, you have to learn when you want to drive professionally in leagues. Infrastructure, servers etc.

No. Sorry no.

The only thing I can complain, too, is that there are coming many single things in the last months, where I really love to have the whole licensed series. (older DTM cars especially) I really loved the orb where you could have pressed one single button and you've had all settings fitted to this series. That was fantastic.

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Thats all i said. What use is a single DTM XX Mercedes Benz?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1