Monitor cable help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopher04, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Going to pick a 1070 soon, but a bit confused about which way to go with the cable connections, I use 2 monitors my main, and a extended monitor, now on the 1070 you have dvi/dpi and hdmi connections, on the monitors I have dvi on the extended one, and on the main screen I have dvi/hdmi, one of these can be connected using the dvi cable still, one has to have a hdmi to dvi cable, or dpi to dvi cable, or I could use hdmi to hdmi on the main screen only.
    I was thinking of staying with dvi to dvi on the extended monitor and dpi to dvi on the main monitor, any opinions would be helpful.

2. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    Why not simply using HDMI to HDMI on that monitor?

3. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Never had a need before, I don't use monitor speakers, and still don't, plus I'm still picking up around the net that hdmi to hdmi is still not the best way to go on a pc, I don't know that's why I'm asking.

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    I honestly don't think it matters all that much.
    I've got a 970 with dpi/dvi to my 'main' screen, and hdmi/hdmi to my racing-rig.
    No real reason, it just happened to be the cables I had lying around. Seems to work fine, far as I can tell.

• Informative Informative x 1