Monitor problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gopher04, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Ok just moved the repaired 780 to another PC, got a 1070 for the main PC, which has two monitors, one being the main, and a extended one, so I ran a hdmi to hdmi from the card to the main monitor, and dvi to dvi to the extended monitor, boots up and win 7 has moved to the extended monitor, main screen stays black, if you disconnect the extended monitor and boot up again, the main screen works fine..does the dvi connection have priority over the hdmi socket??

Main screen has a DVI & HDMI socket
    Extended has DVI & VGA socket

To get the extended monitor working as it should do I connect the main via dvi to dvi again, and get a hdmi/dpi to dvi cable, or do I connect the main with hdmi both ends still and then get a hdmi/dpi to dvi cable??

Hope everyone followed that..

2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    As far as I know it doesn't matter if it's hdmi or dvi connected.
    You should be able to handle this in display settings of windows and nvidia.
    I think it's in multiple displays.

3. Peter Koch

Peter Koch Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +191 / 0 / -0
    I use 2 monitors, not extended but separate. at my desk is monitor 1 and next to that is monitor 2 for gaming. I always switch to monitor 2 be fore I start raceroom.
    So while gaming I have on monitor 1 shit nobody needs like skype, discord .....and 2 my game.

Attached Files: