More classic tracklayouts, not more existing tracks and cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyGipsy, Sep 20, 2017.

?

You are also interested in more classic layouts and tracks?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Equal

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Yes and also classic cars!

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. No but more classic cars!

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Equal but more classic cars would be nice.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JohnnyGipsy

JohnnyGipsy Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Skybird thanks for your detailed response. I know what you mean with the old cars was not able to quickly drive corners and that's the reason because old tracks have less corners. I think your thoughts are right but not for every track. Example north loop. Every one knows the green hell and it is a fantastic track even it is old. And so are many tracks even tracks with less corners but they are still nice.

But that's what you think, that's OK and it is understandable, but I think different.
    I want it all ;-) all tracks with all layouts with all cars ever existed. That's my dream. Then every one can drive what he or her loves old cars with modern tracks, new cars on old tracks, or mixed or or....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I can understand not liking old cars and tracks (different tastes and all), but boring? Heresy!! :mad::D

Try the Lotus 49 on Assetto Corsa with the Donington 1938 mod... I find it impossible to be bored when I'm struggling to keep the car on the grey stuff while being fast at the same time. Specially on the bumpy back "straight" before the last corner... it's scary as hell. A modern GT3 (which I enjoy as well) feels like it's on rails by comparison.

Basically I think if you're bored driving old cars you're simply not going fast enough :D

As for tracks, I enjoy both modern and old, but the modern tracks I enjoy the most are those with an "old school" type flow to them. Tracks like Donington, Bathurst, Watkins Glen, Virginia... all modern, but with a very nice natural flow which reminds me of old tracks and I tend to enjoy these much more than the flat chicane-happy tracks we see a lot these days.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  3. JohnnyGipsy

JohnnyGipsy Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    i know this tread had long no awnser more, but i still hope the defs regonise it. There is a interest in old layouts and cars.So up that thread.