More classic tracklayouts, not more existing tracks and cars?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnnyGipsy, Sep 20, 2017.

?

You are also interested in more classic layouts and tracks?

1. Yes

24 vote(s)
    51.1%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    14.9%
  3. Equal

9 vote(s)
    19.1%
  4. Yes and also classic cars!

6 vote(s)
    12.8%
  5. No but more classic cars!

1 vote(s)
    2.1%
  6. Equal but more classic cars would be nice.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JohnnyGipsy

JohnnyGipsy Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hello,

The most tracks we have in raceroom, we all know more or less from other racing games. I (think not only me) really would like to race tracks I am not more able to drive in real or in a game like the nuerburg ring south loop or the 28km north and south loop combined. Also the classic layout from Spa 14km or circuit de la sarte old layout 17km. And many other forgotten layouts and tracks (Valencia).

So could you please think about to add more classic tracks and layouts. (Hope for south loop ;-) )

Greets

Update 4.Oct: changed title and survey to include cars. You also could change your answer in the survey.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. Eisprinzessin

Eisprinzessin Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Imola first, please.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Imola is already out!

4. SylverFyre

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    OP I know what you mean, I really like the older versions of hockenheim, Silverstone etc and would also like to see Interlagos and similar tracks in Raceroom too

• Like Like x 1
  5. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OP = Oispricess? Are you Oirish?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. SylverFyre

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    OP = Original Poster, sorry

7. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Tracks with historic layouts are welcome with the cars that raced on them. Right now we have dtm 92 , group 5 and gto. I'd like to see these tracks first.
    So atm no urgent need for me.

8. Karting06

Karting06 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +128 / 0 / -0
    But, it's also nice to have such tracks for people that were not yet born (like me). I would love to drive around the historic Spa, in a modern race car. It doesn't reflect the reality, but it's still a game so why not be able to drive/do unreal things?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Eisprinzessin

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I meant historic Imola of course.

• Like Like x 2
  10. skeno

skeno Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Classic Hockenheim and Silverstone please.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. JohnnyGipsy

JohnnyGipsy Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    @Karting06 you think the same what I think. There are many tracks I was not born (or was to young to drive) but these tracks doesn't exist any more (like the south loop). For me it is equal if we have the classic cars for these tracks or not, I only want to be able to drive those classic tracks. Yes it would be nice to have the classic cars too, but the tracks are more important for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yes, this is one of the area that really could be explored in racing sims in general and I don't understand why we don't see more classic tracks. I imagine that these racing tracks would sell like hotcakes. Sure it would not be realistic to race modern GT3s on a track surrounded only in hail bails, but it sure would be tons of fun.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. David Peres

David Peres Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    I would definitely like to see more historic tracks on Raceroom, but, like it has been said, we also need appropriate cars to go with them.

Would love historic versions of tracks like Spa, Watkins Glen, Zandvoort and Kyalami, together with official versions of the Lotus 49, Honda RA300, Brabham BT19, Ferrari 312, Cooper T81... basically the coolest Formula cars ever. Put it all in a pack and call it... I don't know, Grand Prix Legends or something :p

But for real, at least a couple historic tracks and a "Formula Raceroom" version of the sixties formula cars would be appreciated. Not to put pressure on Sector 3 or anything but pretty much every other major current sim has some kind of sixties Formula car except Raceroom, so... no pressure :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Wasn't there a plan to create an historic style formula car?

15. Lucas dos Santos

Lucas dos Santos Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I think that would be nice if we had a "Classic Spa Today" (or should be "Nowadays"? Sorry for my bad English!) layout. The classic layout in modern facilities!

The public roads that composed the old Spa layout are still there, with almost no changes since then. The only differences between then and now is that now it would be have a "chicane" after the old 'Les Combes' and another chicane where was 'Clubhouse' turn, that is part of now permanent course. The rest would continue as was before.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  16. Schweetz

Schweetz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Also on Spa, old busstop chicane would be awesome.. :cool::p

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Marcel Schümmer

Marcel Schümmer Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    I would really appreciate an old version (historic version) of Spa, high speed Le Mans and of course the Nürburgring Südschleife. Cherry on top: combined version.

Some of the tracks were modded really well for GTL (Spa and Le Mans (Virtua LM)).

Thumbs up to maybe have old content in the future.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. JohnnyGipsy

JohnnyGipsy Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    As I can see I am not the only one who is interested in classic tracks, that's really nice because now I could have hope. Maybe the producers regonize these and we get a classic track and car pack. Because there is a market and money to make. ;-)

Update 4.Oct: changed title and survey to include cars. You also could change your answer in the survey.

19. Marcel Schümmer

Marcel Schümmer Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    There is a market, of course.
    For me it would work very well if GTL 2 comes out like announced months ago.
    I know that they cancelled that game, but there are old cars and tracks. GTL with an up to date grafics engine, old tracks and I am fine with all.

20. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Voted No.

Classical tracks reflect the ability of old cars to turn and take corners at certain speeds, and thats why such old tracks often have much wider turns, relatively straigt track layouts, are not techncially as agile and challenging as modern tracks: older cars could get fast, but could not take turns as fast as cars today can, since they lack grip, TC and the like. And this makes driving old tracks for my taste relatively boring. Old Hockenheim: Boring. Old Monza: boring. Old Spa: boring. Le Mans today: boring. Driving straioght or with pressed metal drive a high speed turn or a steep wall turn, does not cut it for me.

Usually, I like the tracks of the more modern era better than the real old ones.

I would prefer to get ovals, and an AI that is capable to really set up fights on ovals. Nascar 2003, I miss it so... That one costed me more sweat and breath than any other racing sim ever did. It also taught me the ancient art of really bad cursing. Not about the sim, qwhich was fantastic, but my own messy thing I once again caused.

But wihtout an AI that really understands how to race in ovals door to door and bumper to bumper, Nascar style, oval tracks are pointless. Thats why I have never given away my old Papyrus disc.

• Disagree Disagree x 2